Printing Luggage Tags

SeaSomm

6 hours ago, FireFishII said:

I was thinking the same

There are 20 of us coming into the port city at different times from different parts of the country, so it would be a lot to coordinate for anyone agreeing to print luggage tags and get them to those who don't have them. We won't all be in together in one place until we have boarded the ship.

37 minutes ago, SeaSomm said:

There are 20 of us coming into the port city at different times from different parts of the country, so it would be a lot to coordinate for anyone agreeing to print luggage tags and get them to those who don't have them. We won't all be in together in one place until we have boarded the ship.

Well then your other alternative is simply have them find a local friend or co-worker with a printer.

I purchased a couple of plastic luggage tag holders.  The instructions on the tag sheet say to fold them up and tape or staple.  I'm thinking about just printing them on card stock, folding them in half and sliding them in the holder.  Will that work?  Also, there are two of us sailing but we were only given one luggage tag.  Should we print a couple copies of the same tag to use on our two suitcases?

1 hour ago, jp1 said:

I purchased a couple of plastic luggage tag holders.  The instructions on the tag sheet say to fold them up and tape or staple.  I'm thinking about just printing them on card stock, folding them in half and sliding them in the holder.  Will that work?  Also, there are two of us sailing but we were only given one luggage tag.  Should we print a couple copies of the same tag to use on our two suitcases?

If you have the tag holders, you don't even need to do that much. Just print on regular paper and cut out the tag itself without the folds.

And you only get 1 luggage tag because you're printing them. You just print as many as you need. There's no bar code of uniqueness on them.

59 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If you have the tag holders, you don't even need to do that much. Just print and cut out the tag itself without the folds.

And you only get 1 luggage tag because you're printing them. You just print as many as you need. There's no bar code of uniqueness on them.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, asquared17 said:

um... i still get these? they are in my eDOCs that show up when i log in?

I don’t think it’s the same ones I’m talking about.  Back in “the day” Royal used to mail you luggage tags that had your names printed on them; they were plastic-ish, had self- adhesive ends and they came with a complete printed copy of your cruise docs (not that we had any use for the cruise docs - then or now).  Some TAs still send these tags to their clients….and for a time Royal would still send them to you - for a $35 fee.  I don’t think you can get them at any price (from Royal) these days.

20 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I don’t think it’s the same ones I’m talking about.  Back in “the day” Royal used to mail you luggage tags that had your names printed on them; they were plastic-ish, had self- adhesive ends and they came with a complete printed copy of your cruise docs (not that we had any use for the cruise docs - then or now).  Some TAs still send these tags to their clients….and for a time Royal would still send them to you - for a $35 fee.  I don’t think you can get them at any price (from Royal) these days.

ohhhhh. yes, we definitely do not have those. 😭

that is so much more swanky than what we have now!!