Uber Experiences to/from Port Canaveral

jeffmw

Looking to hear about people's experiences being able to secure Ubers to and from Port Canaveral.

Last time we cruised out of PC we arranged private transportation both ways. Long story short we ended up taking an Uber on the way back to Orlando due to my own mistake. We didn't have very much trouble getting the Uber from the port after the cruise and it was similar in price. This time around, I'm considering just going Uber/Lyft both ways, as it appears it could end up being considerably cheaper.

Has anyone had any trouble getting an Uber/Lyft to or from the port? I've had issues in other cities with drivers not wanting to go places (they can turn down a trip when they see the destination before they pick you up) and I wasn't sure if anyone has had a problem getting a driver from Orlando who is willing to go all the way to the port. Also wondering if our getting the Uber/Lyft relatively easily from the port after the cruise was the norm or if there's ever a considerable wait.

Any experiences one way or the other would be helpful. (Not looking for private transportation recommendations 😀.)

I have only used Lyft to get around Orlando. It can be a long, sort of expensive ride. Coming from the Airport (MCO) you have to make sure you put in the right destination. I made the mistake of just putting in port Canaveral, which is the name of a lot of things and had to reroute a ride. I have never paid less than $75 before tip for a ride each way. The wait has never been bad and many of the rideshare drivers make their money doing trips from the port to airports and hotels......and vice versa. Often times a larger vehicle will only be a few dollars more than the standard. Keep luggage in mind as I have done Lyft XL (supposedly for 6+ people) for 5 people, and we barely fit because they might send a smaller SUV.