When can I pre book on board entertainment?

I'm sailing on Oasis of the Seas in April. I understand I can pre book shows before leaving home. When can I do this? Every time I check in cruise planner it says, "We're putting the finishing touches on your entertainment. Check back later."

I saw a post just today over on CC that said entertainment bookings open up on the 1st of the month prior to the month your cruise sails in. So, if that is correct (and please understand that I can't vouch for the accuracy of the post I saw) then you should be able to book your entertainment in your cruise planner from next Wednesday (1st March).

Their official policy seems to be 30 days ahead of your cruise: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-do-i-pre-reserve-show-tickets, however, I've seen reports that the online spots open up as far ahead as 45-60 days. They *may* be starting to standardize it now though. Mine is also not yet open yet, I'm past the 45 day check in and approaching the 30 day mark. I'll report back if it happens earlier!

Also @plasticmaster, is it possible that you might be pressing your enter key a few extra times after you type your message? I notice a big gap of white space under your posting and I saw this also on your Roatan post. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the 4/2 Wonder sailing, am at 30 days as of this writing and haven't seen the entertainment portal open yet to prebook shows.  I called RC, since their FAQs said the window would open at 30 days, but they weren't of any help, since they couldn't give me a time the window would open..just said to check daily leading up to the cruise..i've been checking off and on throughout the last sev days, so I'll report back when I was able to get in.

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

I'm on the 4/2 Wonder sailing, am at 30 days as of this writing and haven't seen the entertainment portal open yet to prebook shows.  I called RC, since their FAQs said the window would open at 30 days, but they weren't of any help, since they couldn't give me a time the window would open..just said to check daily leading up to the cruise..i've been checking off and on throughout the last sev days, so I'll report back when I was able to get in.

I’m also at 30 days out, got an email to book entertainment, yet nothing on CP nor app 

That's the worst of all- get an email alert to prebook, go to the CP/app and the dreaded "lights camera..". the best course of action is to just keep stalking the site..maybe we could create a sub topic-ship/sailing date/when cp prebook option opened just to see what's going on.

On 2/22/2023 at 10:12 PM, FionaMG said:

I saw a post just today over on CC that said entertainment bookings open up on the 1st of the month prior to the month your cruise sails in. So, if that is correct (and please understand that I can't vouch for the accuracy of the post I saw) then you should be able to book your entertainment in your cruise planner from next Wednesday (1st March).

Just to follow up on my earlier post... Nope, 1st of March has come and gone and nothing has opened up for my Anthem sailing next month. To be fair though, I'm not sure how much of the entertainment on Anthem needs to be booked. When we were on the ship back in September only Spectra's Cabaret required booking; everything else was first come first served on board.

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Just to follow up on my earlier post... Nope, 1st of March has come and gone and nothing has opened up for my Anthem sailing next month. To be fair though, I'm not sure how much of the entertainment on Anthem needs to be booked. When we were on the ship back in September only Spectra's Cabaret required booking; everything else was first come first served on board.

Does “required” mean there was no optional advance booking for anything else?  

38 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Which ship?

We’re on Anthem -

“*Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas, Odyssey of the Seas, Quantum of the Seas, Spectrum of the Seas, Symphony of the Seas, Wonder of the Seas.”

16 minutes ago, Rfk said:

We’re on Anthem -

“*Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas, Odyssey of the Seas, Quantum of the Seas, Spectrum of the Seas, Symphony of the Seas, Wonder of the Seas.”

I didn't know if Tazzy was on the same ship.

9 hours ago, Rfk said:

Does “required” mean there was no optional advance booking for anything else?  

That's correct. Everything else was walk-in, first come, first served. You should have seen the queue for the first performance of WWRY. People started lining up an hour before it was due to start and 15 minutes later it was all the way past the Schooner bar almost to izumi!

4 hours ago, FionaMG said:

That's correct. Everything else was walk-in, first come, first served. You should have seen the queue for the first performance of WWRY. People started lining up an hour before it was due to start and 15 minutes later it was all the way past the Schooner bar almost to izumi!

Yikes, that's not good!  We were on Anthem last March and the option to book was only available once on board but at least that allowed for things to be organized.   We are sailing her again in a week and only Spectra's Cabaret has been available.  Thanks for the warning so we know what to expect.  Did times open onboard for ifly and northstar?

40 minutes ago, Rfk said:

Was it possible to book anything from the check-in area, or did you literally need to have feet on the ship to get certain Wi-Fi signals?

My experience has been different for every ship and sailing. Sometimes the signal will reach the waiting area in the terminal and other times it doesn't. Sometimes it doesn't appear while waiting but as soon as boarding begins it flips on and I can connect while walking up the gangway. Switching to airplane mode and then connecting to the wifi to use the app helps so it doesn't try to use your cell signal if the wifi is weak.

1 hour ago, Rfk said:

Was it possible to book anything from the check-in area, or did you literally need to have feet on the ship to get certain Wi-Fi signals?

We didn't get a chance to try in the check-in area. Everything went so quickly that we were on board within 15 minutes of getting out of the cab. Never stopped moving. Our sailing was from Southampton, though; I don't have any experience of Cape Liberty.

19 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Still hasn’t opened for our 4/2 sailing. SMH.

I thought it hadn't opened for mine either (Oasis) but someone posted it worked for them on the website, not the app. 

I went to the website, and here was my experience:  I couldn't see it in the cruise planner when I was logged in. I had to log out, then check the entertainment link, then click reserve, and login to check out.  If I was logged in, it was a blank screen where the shows should be.  

I was able to book Frozen in Time and Aqua 80 by logging out, reserve, then login. 

I was just able to book for our 4/2 wonder sailing using my iPhone by going to the cp on the website. Not the app. Easy and everything was available for all shows. Book the aqua show early in your cruise since it can be canceled due to high winds. 

1 hour ago, plasticmaster said:

Over the weekend, I booked all 4 shows available for our April 9th sailing on Oasis.  Will more shows become available for advanced reservations before the cruise or is that it?  Will there be more to reserve when I board on April 9th?

I believe there are only 4 shows on Oasis that required reservations in advance. It was Cats, adult comedy, the ice show, and Aqua80s. 

22 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I believe there are only 4 shows on Oasis that required reservations in advance. It was Cats, adult comedy, the ice show, and Aqua80s. 

That is the equivalent of what I was able to reserve on Allure as well: Mamma Mia, adult comedy, the ice show and Ocean Aria. 

There will be some other shows on the ship but most likely they won't need a reservation because they'll be in the big theater, like Love and Marriage, family comedy show, and perhaps some type of magician or juggler or singer.

On 3/5/2023 at 11:29 AM, recogneyes said:

Us too-  we are on anthem next week and only spectra's has been available to book

When we were on Anthem 2/4-2/12, this was the only show that required actual reservations.  We never had any difficulties getting seats at any show we wanted to see.  We even caught the end of a different showing of Spectra's Cabaret when we got to 270 early for an event.

34 minutes ago, teddy said:

When we were on Anthem 2/4-2/12, this was the only show that required actual reservations.  We never had any difficulties getting seats at any show we wanted to see.  We even caught the end of a different showing of Spectra's Cabaret when we got to 270 early for an event.

Good to know.  Fingers crossed we have a similar experience.  Thanks for sharing.