Margarita day drink package sale

Matt

I have a sailing booked for next month and have been watching the drink package prices closely. I usually purchase further out because the prices tend to be lower; however, this was a last minute booking. I saw the Margarita Day advertisement this morning and decided I better jump on it. Yesterday the drink package was over $90 today it is $76.99 for my sailing out of Galveston.

17 minutes ago, Weezie57 said:

We got a BOGO 50% off several weeks ago ($59.99) and today the same offer came up except the price is $64.99.

Yup, that's typical Royal for you: fuzzy maths. This is why you should always take percentages with a pinch of salt and always look only at the bottom line. It pays to pay attention, as you've found out.

Mine (Symphony of the Seas from Barcelona, 7 nights, April 30) shows 30 % off...and here's the price...

Of course, NO WAY I'm even paying that.  Being Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor, we get FIVE free drinks per day each...So, even if you would buy extra drinks at an average of $12.50 per drink, that would mean that, just to break even, I'd be pre-paying for drinks #6-11.  There would only be a benefit if my wife and I BOTH drank at least TWELVE drinks per day!!!  As it is, my wife has trouble finishing three drinks a day, so I get to use her last two...giving me seven...

I don't think I will ever buy a drink package from RCCL...unless, maybe, they discount it to a nominal charge...Maybe under $10 a day and I'll think about it...