Loyalty Crystal Ship Block

JodyD

I cruised last month on Liberty and did not have the paper form to fill out about the crystal block for reaching 420 nights in the room when we arrived.  I asked the Diamond Concierge and he very discretely pulled one from his desk, place it into a plain business envelope, and handed it to me.  I find it interesting that some ship have the block readily available and others don't.

I just received the block from my Indy cruise in Sept 2022.  It's the newer style with the blue case and block font.  The older crystal blocks, like I just received from Liberty, had the cursive font and black box.

I wrestled with whether to keep the nice boxes that the blocks come in but when we moved from VA to FL I had to jettison a lot of crap and the block boxes were casualties of the downsizing.  Common sense says that I should have kept the boxes and put the blocks inside for moving but since the boxes and blocks had already been separated from each other and Dan was doing the wrapping….well….the boxes got dumped.

21 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

Just got home from our last cruise.  We stepped into our house which had just been spit shined by our  Daughter in Law and Grandson while we were gone, and found this most wonderful ever-changing light base for our crystal block.

It's so wonderful to be loved.🥰

P1050827.JPG

So cool. 😍

25 minutes ago, Blur said:

Please post if you get yours since I should be right behind from Nov.

I will but to be honest I'm not holding my breath that they will actually ship it to us in Portugal. I'd say your chances are significantly better than mine!

I may have to hound the LA when we're back on Anthem next month.

29 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I will but to be honest I'm not holding my breath that they will actually ship it to us in Portugal. I'd say your chances are significantly better than mine!

I may have to hound the LA when we're back on Anthem next month.

Ouch. Yeah I'll let you know if I get mine.  My next cruise is liberty in may 😢

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2023 at 8:26 PM, Blur said:

Ouch. Yeah I'll let you know if I get mine.  My next cruise is liberty in may 😢

Since I was on Anthem last week, I spoke to the LA about our block and mentioned that I was dubious about it being sent to us in Portugal. 🇵🇹

She looked us up and confirmed that there was an order in for it with FedEx but that it had been delayed due to restocking issues.

Well, wouldn't you know, during the cruise I received an email from FedEx about our order (which I would have been suspicious about if I hadn't spoken to the LA) so I looked up the tracking number and it appears to be legit; it's coming from Sunrise, FL, which I seem to remember seeing mentioned somewhere in a block-related thread.

It's supposed to arrive by this coming Thursday. 🤞

On 2/28/2023 at 12:53 PM, steverk said:

My initial thought is we're going from something that was classy to something that looks like a cheap souvenir. 

I'll withhold final judgment until I actually see it, but that's my first impression 

Gotta agree.  Old design is like crystal, it can be displayed most anywhere and look sheik and classic. The new design, adding color makes it a decorating issue and looks more like a post card. Just as I was getting excited about collecting, now I don't really care.

I think all of RC has gone from elegance to Six Flags over the Ocean.

39 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

They do seem to be catching up with their backlog. I got my Oasis block last week, only took 8 months. It's the new style and looks quite nice.

Just got ours yesterday, 11 months late. Not as elegant but still attractive. I kind of like postcards, but the color does alter your display options, as noted.

1 hour ago, Ditchdoc said:

Old design is like crystal, it can be displayed most anywhere and look sheik and classic. The new design, adding color makes it a decorating issue and looks more like a post card.

I got my first block last year (old style although there are now 3 fonts for that style) and agree.

That said, mine is still in its box. Maybe if I ever got to the point of having a true collection I'd care but that wouldn't possibly happen for a very long time so whatever.

CrystalBlockHarmony.jpg

On 5/7/2023 at 12:46 AM, FionaMG said:

Since I was on Anthem last week, I spoke to the LA about our block and mentioned that I was dubious about it being sent to us in Portugal. 🇵🇹

She looked us up and confirmed that there was an order in for it with FedEx but that it had been delayed due to restocking issues.

Well, wouldn't you know, during the cruise I received an email from FedEx about our order (which I would have been suspicious about if I hadn't spoken to the LA) so I looked up the tracking number and it appears to be legit; it's coming from Sunrise, FL, which I seem to remember seeing mentioned somewhere in a block-related thread.

It's supposed to arrive by this coming Thursday. 🤞

Great to hear.  I was a month behind you so hopefully mines coming soon.  Thanks for the update!

10 hours ago, Linda R said:

Still waiting for my block from Oasis in December.  I doubt I will get it.  But did receive one last week on Odyssey.  

Mariner, June 2022 - still not received. Inquiry to be made on Freedom next month (when the next one is due).

2 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Mariner, June 2022 - still not received. Inquiry to be made on Freedom next month (when the next one is due).

FWIW, I had success calling C&A for status updates when it took 5-6 months to get the block I earned last June. It did arrive in about 5-6 months as I was told.