Loyalty Crystal Ship Block

JodyD

Where can I find the written policy/information on the crystal block etched with a ship on it loyalty gift? At what point do you received it? Will the ship engraved be the one I am sailing on when I reach 140 pts, or will it be the one after i reached the 140 points?  Thank you. 

Third footnote - https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

A commemorative Crystal Block award will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter. One (1) block is awarded per relationship. Any Crystal Block not accepted onboard by the member will be considered forfeited and will not be shipped to the member post-sailing.

It should be awarded on the ship where you cross the threshold.  If you board a ship anywhere under 140 points but will end up with 140 or more than 140 once the points post to your account then that is the ship you get the block.

For example if you have 139 points and you board a ship you will receive the ship block on that cruise, not the next cruise after.  

If you have 126 points and you are sailing in a suite for a week (double points for suite so 14 points) then you will have 140 once the points post.  That will be your ship block cruise, not the next cruise after reaching 140.

I always make a point of visiting the loyalty ambassador early in the cruise when I can expect a block and confirm they have me on their list for a block.  

Here is the information I am keeping for my Crystal Blocks.  My second block will come between 198 points (start) and 216 points (end).  I am also taking it down and having the date and cruise I was on engraved on it.

Crystal Blocks

140 points = On the Artic Cruise September 2022

210 points = On the Trans-Pacific April 2024

280 points = ?

image.thumb.jpeg.f85dc94156c3cd7859b70560003c984a.jpeg

On the Odyssey we were told that due to "supply shortages" they would mail us our block in about a year, but to check on our subsequent sailings for info from the LA.  That was in October,2022.

In January 2023, we asked the LA on the Radiance to check for us on the status. He told us we should take one of his Radiance blocks because there were no time slots known for out of stock blocks. We took his advice.

Still waiting for ours (our first!) from our Anthem sailing last September/October. We did check with the LA on board and he confirmed we were on our list and got us to check our address for him but I really have my doubts that they will ship it to us here in Custard Tart Land.

We will be on Anthem again in April and my plan is to hound the LA (nicely) on board to see if there are any in stock so we can get it then.

My wife reached her 140 points for the first block on Mariner in June 2022 with it needing to be shipped when available. Subsequent cruises were too soon after that one to have the expectation of receiving it by that time. We are now four days shy of eight full months since that cruise ended with no block received.

She will definitely be visiting the LA on Freedom in June to ensure that her 210 points block on the last night of the second leg of a B2B2B. Looks like she'll also need to ask about the Mariner block status when she's there.

On arrival on our last cruise, Odyssey, we had a card in the room advising us of our crystal block award and the option to receive it on the ship or have it mailed. I told the C&A person we would take it with us as I had seen posts here where it was months and still waiting for it to be shipped, and it was delivered to our room the day before we left.

22 minutes ago, BlueSeas4Me said:

What happens if you didn't give a thought to the crystal block while on the cruise? We reached 140 points on the final night of our Liberty sailing last October. I'm guessing we need to reach out to the LA on our Allure sailing this September? 

Maybe contact C&A? I don't know if it would help but it might be worth a try.

If you prefer not to call, I've found them to be very responsive on FB messenger.

19 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Still waiting for ours (our first!) from our Anthem sailing last September/October. We did check with the LA on board and he confirmed we were on our list and got us to check our address for him but I really have my doubts that they will ship it to us here in Custard Tart Land.

We will be on Anthem again in April and my plan is to hound the LA (nicely) on board to see if there are any in stock so we can get it then.

Same regarding anthem out of blocks.  Supposed to get block Nov and was told I am on list so guessing I won't get mine before you lol.

28 minutes ago, bobroo said:

All this discussion and concern about the new blocks is leading me to believe that passengers really, really like the blocks as a gift. Therefore, masses of passengers were never leaving them behind in their staterooms after a cruise like we were recently told.

Or those people went to different cruise lines, heaven or just stopped cruising. 

3 hours ago, VTA101 said:

I have 169 points. In May I will hit Diamond +.  Never heard of the crystal blocks. Never even heard of anyone talking about them. Never got one or was notified about them when passing the 140 mark a year ago.  All very interesting!

Linda

Contact C&A.  ‭(800) 526-9723‬

You should have received one on the ship you crossed 140 but depending when that was they may have been out of stock.  A year ago and there were many ships out of stock.  They were supposed to leave a paper in your room but it's easy to miss that with all the paper they deliver or it's possible the paper never found its way to you.  

4 hours ago, bobroo said:

All this discussion and concern about the new blocks is leading me to believe that passengers really, really like the blocks as a gift. Therefore, masses of passengers were never leaving them behind in their staterooms after a cruise like we were recently told.

Typical Bayley.  "If I say it, maybe everyone will believe it. "

It looks to me like the hologram-like embedded engraving is gone, replaced by a picture on the back and surface etching on the front for the CAS logo and ship name. 

It's a free perk from a free loyalty program.  Right or wrong they had budgeted getting rid of them and had to reverse course so finding a less expensive free version isn't a huge surprise given the financial disaster they are in right now.

I'll withhold judgment until I see them. 

On the other hand with a nearly complete v1 collection it does offer up a new challenge to obtain a collection of the new v2 style. 

So there is that.   

15 hours ago, twangster said:

On the other hand with a nearly complete v1 collection it does offer up a new challenge to obtain a collection of the new v2 style. 

So there is that.   

DH was thinking the same thing, that we have to get the new blocks to replace the old ones. I don't think we'll live that long. Started sailing 15 years ago, & with the help of double points we've got 6 blocks, #7 will be on our next cruise in April. Old or New???

Edited by barjpoe
wrong # of years, hadn't had the morning coffee yet

57 minutes ago, barjpoe said:

How would they be cheaper?

Are they just colored pictures on 'glass' or some how engraved? The original are etched.

It looks like it will just be etched glass on top of a picture, the other was a crystal block. I am assuming these will be lighter and much easier to produced. 

On 2/21/2023 at 8:58 PM, WAYNO said:

None were available when we would have been awarded.  They said they'd mail it to us.  3-months later it was in our mailbox.

IMG_3555(1).JPG

On 2/21/2023 at 8:58 PM, WAYNO said:

None were available when we would have been awarded.  They said they'd mail it to us.  3-months later it was in our mailbox.

IMG_3555(1).JPG

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

The new ones look like a colored photo background with a foreground having the ship name printed.

This vs. the entire thing being etched.

Still waiting for a block from December.....