Which famous celebrity have you seen on board

• 5 years later...

When my wife and I were on Majesty back in June 2010 (our first RC cruise), Michael McDonald was on board for a concert. It was a corporate recognition event (Fortune 100 company) and my employer chartered the ship for a short cruise (4-nights) out of Miami and booked Michael McDonald. We stopped at Key West, Nassau and CocoCay (not too memorable back then!).

We got to sit right up front about 10-15 feet from him... he was drenched in sweat from the hot lights, but he was awesome!

19 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I've been on the lookout for the elusive celebrity "Da Twangster" but don't know what he looks like, so I guess I wouldn't  know if he was even standing next to me. ?

I've looked in every post office to see if his picture is in there, but no such luck ?

Too funny!!! 

I have cruised with the Barenaked Ladies twice.  Both were chartered cruises through a company called Sixth Man.  While these two cruises, when only considering the ship and itinerary  weren't the best of the cruises I've been on, when combined with the entertainment, they remain the best cruises I've experienced.

On both trips, the band set the tone at the outset.  They were there with their families, and so if seen with family, they wanted privacy.  Other than that, they wanted to meet the passengers and talk to them.  They had many more events than were promised in the schedule, and they signed and talked to passengers constantly.  It really was an up close experience.

On top of that there was the now famous "Barenaked at Sea" photo and we met the band Gaelic Storm which is without a doubt, the most entertaining and fan friendly band there is right now.

So, no it's not really a random famous person sighting, but it was an up close experience for sure.

On my Oasis June 2017 cruise Sinbad (the comedian) was a passenger.  I talked to him a few minutes on the elevator and seemed to be a nice guy.  There was supposed to be a couple of NBA players on board the same cruise but I dont follow pro basketball.  Would it be politically incorrect to assume it was the two real tall guys I saw?

We were on the Harmony when that movie was made starring Kelsey Grammar.  I never saw any of them even though we were in Star Class and probably encountered them somewhere along the way.  I can't even remember the name of the lady in that movie and I wouldn't have known her if I had stumbled over her so that may have had something to do with it !

I had dinner and drinks with Betty White and Robert Goulet. However, it was 1978 and cruises were a bit different back then.

A bit more of the back story, Betty was a passenger, while Robert was the main entertainment and we were at the Captain's Table for dinner.   

Lance Bass was on my Allure cruise 2016. I knew he was on as there were some closed events, but funny enough I kept seeing him around (e.g.on our Blue Lagoon excursion , by the pool).  The last night he and his group also had an open event where they hosted a show (and I think sang one song at the end but I didn't stay).

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I saw @Matt Hochberg on a cruise!  

It was a group cruise, and I sort of knew he would be on it, but still, he is the quintessential cruise celebrity if there is one!

Was he that really old guy...almost balding ? I thought I seen him, but it turned out to be Walter from Jeff Dunham show.

IMG_0715.PNG

22 hours ago, mworkman said:

I've been on the lookout for the elusive celebrity "Da Twangster" but don't know what he looks like, so I guess I wouldn't  know if he was even standing next to me. ?

I've looked in every post office to see if his picture is in there, but no such luck ?

Well Mike, here ya go...:27_sunglasses:2s9toh.jpg

13 hours ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

My comment was sarcasm. You didn't get it. Sorry. As far as my background I lack in such social skills because I was abandoned in a forest as an infant and raised by wolves. Oops, there goes that sarcasm again.

Upon further review....it has been determined that your SARCASM is NOT Sarcastic enough for me to catch.  There for...You have been penalized 10 yards and must repeat the down. 4th and 35 yards to go! ?

• 3 weeks later...