Dilemma - Wonder or Symphony for Christmas

I am looking to book a cruise for Christmas 2023. Options are Wonder of the Seas and Symphony of the Seas. Symphony is cheaper and can book room rather than they pick room which was significantly more for Wonder. Symphony does not go to CocoCay. Symphony is approximately $1100 cheaper than Wonder. OR do we wait longer and do Icon for March 2024 but not sure I want to wait that long. I assume weather is better in March. 

Icon is definitely going to be more expensive.  Sparkly brand new ship, which always demands a premium price.  Especially for a Christmas cruise.  Those are expensive on any ship.  Both Wonder and Symphony are great ships.  Wonder also comes with the "new ship" pricing.  Personally, for me it would come down to itinerary.  I default to slightly older ships, and CocoCay is definitely a nice stop.

we just got off symphony this saturday and i would still consider her a new ship -- she is shiny and gleaming -- and her staff is EXCELLENT!! every single crew member we encountered was great.

i can't speak to wonder because i have not yet sailed her, but she is homeported in canaveral, which is a haul for us to get to. between flights and ground transportation, symphony is a much more feasible option.

perhaps something to weigh into your decision making?

also i am not sure what the itinerary is for symphony -- coco cay is beautiful but we have a sailing on oasis in december where we don't go there (and it is cheaper) -- and it wound up being worth it for us.

again, your mileage may vary. just some things to consider 💚

18 hours ago, Daniellemarie27 said:

I am looking to book a cruise for Christmas 2023. Options are Wonder of the Seas and Symphony of the Seas. Symphony is cheaper and can book room rather than they pick room which was significantly more for Wonder. Symphony does not go to CocoCay. Symphony is approximately $1100 cheaper than Wonder. OR do we wait longer and do Icon for March 2024 but not sure I want to wait that long. I assume weather is better in March. 

You can also look at Oasis, which is essentially the same ship as both of these, and sails to Coco cay AND Labadee for a Christmas cruise... I didn't compare, but I'd assume its a little cheaper since its the older of the ships, but still one of the best. 

Have been on Symphony several times, and just got of her earlier this month.   Can't go wrong.  Nice ship. It did go to Coco Cay this month and I do love Coco Cay.  I have Wonder booked later this year.  So I cannot compare the ships.   I would go with Symphony for sure.  One, is you can pick your cabin.  I am not fond of having them pick my cabin, especially on a ship that will no doubt be full.   I would not be happy getting a cabin in the front of the ship or under/near a noisy venue.    I also cruise for 2 weeks every December and weather is always been nice.   Enjoy your cruise!