MTD No-show?

FManke

What happens if you no-show for one of your MTD reservations? If you're running late, let's say, do you just call the MDR and let them know?  Do they just give that spot away to the next person waiting? Or do they have you make a reservation, just so they can hopefully spread out the dinner reservations? 

Just now, FManke said:

I don't plan on it. If you're not 10min early, you're 10min late. That's what I say. Just ask my wife! :14_relaxed:

You'll be fine.  They give you some latitude. I'd say more than 20 minutes and it's likely your table will be given away.

20 hours ago, FManke said:

What happens if you no-show for one of your MTD reservations? If you're running late, let's say, do you just call the MDR and let them know?  Do they just give that spot away to the next person waiting? Or do they have you make a reservation, just so they can hopefully spread out the dinner reservations? 

They shame you and kick you off the ship.

Kidding! It really isn't a big deal. Since you can always walk up to the dining room with MTD and request a table, even if your table is given away you'll still be given a seat as long as you're going at the available dining time... you might just have a small wait. 

I'm still somewhat undecided as to whether or not I'll be making my reservations far ahead of time on my next cruise. 

59 minutes ago, klaconqueso said:

They shame you and kick you off the ship.

Kidding! It really isn't a big deal. Since you can always walk up to the dining room with MTD and request a table, even if your table is given away you'll still be given a seat as long as you're going at the available dining time... you might just have a small wait. 

I'm still somewhat undecided as to whether or not I'll be making my reservations far ahead of time on my next cruise. 

I always make MTD reservations as soon as they are available to make (which varies by ship, it appears). In fact, I just made our reservations for our Thanksgiving cruise on Brilliance last weekend. Knowing that we have a time means we don't have to wait on board. Also, if our plans change when on board, I just call beforehand and have never had a problem switching to another time, even for the same day. One of RCL's systems that seems to work well.