Reviews on two activities

41 minutes ago, Krsoci_5519 said:

We are sailing on Anthem in July and I'm looking for reviews/thoughts on the sushi class and the bottemless galley brunch.  My husband is a foodie so I thought I'd surprise him with one.  

Is there one that you would do over the other?  

TIA

I haven't done either, but I've read great reviews of the sushi making class and mixed reviews of the galley tour brunch.

1 hour ago, DocLC said:

I haven't done either, but I've read great reviews of the sushi making class and mixed reviews of the galley tour brunch.

I'm not sure if your husband has ever been in a commercial kitchen before. if so, it's just another big kitchen. It's just on a ship. Although, if that's his thing, then go for it. I have heard good things about the sushi class as DocLC has said.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I'd have to send @monorailmedic.  I don't eat shrimp or crab, which nearly all of the sushi you make is comprised of.  Granted, he is a vegetarian, but he's been known to compromise his values when it comes to sushi

I'll be awaiting my booking confirmation.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I'd have to send @monorailmedic.  I don't eat shrimp or crab, which nearly all of the sushi you make is comprised of.  Granted, he is a vegetarian, but he's been known to compromise his values when it comes to sushi

A sushi loving vegetarian? I guess for the right reasons he can lower himself to a pescatarian from time to time! :10_wink:

We have the Bottomless Galley Brunch booked on Allure and we are both really looking forward to it, but I would personally really like to book the sushi class. This might turn in to a "book it and inform later" kind of activity.

2 hours ago, klaconqueso said:

We have the Bottomless Galley Brunch booked on Allure and we are both really looking forward to it, but I would personally really like to book the sushi class. This might turn in to a "book it and inform later" kind of activity.

That goes under the category of, it's better to ask for forgiveness, than permission. You'll get used to the concept, once your married. :14_relaxed:

On 5/16/2017 at 1:32 AM, Matt said:

I've heard glowing reviews about both.  The sushi making class offers a lot  of food, so come hungry.

Excellent... Keryn and I have both the brunch and Sushi making activities booked for our New Years cruise which we are really looking forward to. 

10 minutes ago, klaconqueso said:

Convincing him to take more than one cruise a year can be a challenge sometimes. I need to come up with a power point template for this in the future... 

On one of the Seinfeld episodes, Elaine converts a gay man to "her team", Jerry asked her how she could possibly do that. She put her hands on her head, shook her booty and replied "Because I am a w-o-m-a-n, boom chicka chicka boom!"  I don't think you'll  need a power point template.:3_grin:

32 minutes ago, klaconqueso said:

Convincing him to take more than one cruise a year can be a challenge sometimes. I need to come up with a power point template for this in the future... 

It's doable, especially after kids if they're in your future. 

We used to cruise every other year. Land vacation, then cruise. After the kid, it became or annual vacation, and now it's a twice a year deal as cruising is just more convenient with s cold especially with the kids clubs. 

31 minutes ago, DocLC said:

It's doable, especially after kids if they're in your future. 

We used to cruise every other year. Land vacation, then cruise. After the kid, it became or annual vacation, and now it's a twice a year deal as cruising is just more convenient with s cold especially with the kids clubs. 

Kids (if they are in our future) are a long ways off... we want to travel first. 

I always said that after I graduated college and started up my career, I wanted to travel and I just happen to love the ocean. Cruising is a great and more affordable way to do that, and if I can catch good deals on cruises, it's absolutely doable for us. That said, our only other cruise this year besides our B2B Honeymoon on Allure (141 days!) was the Super Bowl cruise back in February, and that was super cheap. 

Currently hoping to plan a land vacation to London in 2019 for my future husband's 30th birthday, but might try and grab a quick 3 day out of Southhampton while we're there. We're likely to hit Diamond sometime in 2019, which will be nice going forward particularly if kids are in our future.

@klaconqueso A B2B counts as two cruises per year. ;)

It would be a waste to travel to London and not cruise from there. ;)

Be careful with Royal Caribbean cruises. It was on the legend of the Seas out of Tampa on New Year's when we decided we were ready for kids. Of course, Royal was also where I proposed, so I guess it makes sense  On the upside, we travel more post kid than pre kid. I only had 9 cruises under my belt before the kid. Now I have 25, so he's been good for something. ;)

1 minute ago, DocLC said:

@klaconqueso A B2B counts as two cruises per year. ;)

It would be a waste to travel to London and not cruise from there. ;)

Be careful with Royal Caribbean cruises. It was on the legend of the Seas out of Tampa on New Year's when we decided we were ready for kids. Of course, Royal was also where I proposed, so I guess it makes sense  On the upside, we travel more post kid than pre kid. I only had 9 cruises under my belt before the kid. Now I have 25, so he's been good for something. ;)

Aww! Lots of happy memories on board. I love that! 

Ryan and I had a cruise planned for October 2015 on Enchantment of the Seas (our first cruise on our own/without family), and since we had been talking a lot about getting engaged and planning a wedding I could have sworn he was going to propose on that cruise... but then he surprised me and proposed the week before. :) It was a much more relaxing cruise for us both that way, I think. HAHA!

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

Kayla, I saw this yesterday and when I read your comments above I thought you might enjoy. Has nothing to do with kids, but does have to do with cruising and living your life to the fullest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QVhvu7hFH4&feature=youtu.be

I originally linked to the video off of CC.

HAHAHAHAA! Featuring Rick Cincotta... great video! I am familiar with that one. :) 

Is that CruiseLifeRick? Great review on the Navigator, didn't get all the way through, still trying, running out of time, I have a cruise on Liberty OTS leaving 5-28, between work and trying to get everything ready on the home front, I'm quickly running out of time.

The kids are grown, but have two dogs that still need baby sitter...

26 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Is that CruiseLifeRick? Great review on the Navigator, didn't get all the way through, still trying, running out of time, I have a cruise on Liberty OTS leaving 5-28, between work and trying to get everything ready on the home front, I'm quickly running out of time.

The kids are grown, but have two dogs that still need baby sitter...

Yes! CruiseLifeRick happens to be in that video! From what I understand, he met them on board and then became part of the video. He's the one in the middle at 0:45. 

You're going to love Liberty - it was my first and still one of my favorite ships. Totally understand the puppy sitters... I have two cats and a dog that I do miss dearly while cruising. 

• 1 year later...

My sister and I would be very interested in this, however, she is a vegetarian. Have any vegetarians gone to this? Would she be able to eat any of the sushi? She makes her own vegetarian sushi so I know she would love this. But don't want to spend that money if the only sushi that you can actually eat isn't vegetarian friendly. Thanks .