Ugh, non-power strip multiplug confiscated

TheMaxRebo

Still 2 months out, and continue to be amazed every time I read one of these threads.

This sounds like a club having a bouncer hired by the city. Makes about 10% sense.

Don't understand why RCCL is unwilling or unable to give passengers (better yet, CUSTOMERS) a clear and consistently enforced policy. If security is overriding the company's policies, then there's a problem at one end or the other. 

How about I just bring hamsters and wheels to generate my own power? Or are those verboten as well? 🙄

Looks like it @KevinK.  I'm guessing they nabbed it because of the extension cord attached to it.  I bring one that plugs into the European outlet and gives 4 additional USB.  Haven't had a problem, but you never know when the wrong person will make the wrong decision.  As they tend to be drunk on power, they never listen to reason or change their minds.

37 minutes ago, Xaa said:

Looks like it @KevinK.  I'm guessing they nabbed it because of the extension cord attached to it.  I bring one that plugs into the European outlet and gives 4 additional USB.  Haven't had a problem, but you never know when the wrong person will make the wrong decision.  As they tend to be drunk on power, they never listen to reason or change their minds.

I can understand the extension power strips. Its hard to tell if it surge or not, and I get that. However some USB outlets with receptacles, and etc... that I cant understand.

My TSA-approved locked checked bag never arrived to my room on embarkation day and my room steward found out it was being held by security because port screeners flagged it.

I went down to deck 2 and security showed me a sticker on my bag which said ‘Iron’. I don’t have an iron in my bag. They said they had to wait for me before they could re-scan it onboard in case it needed to be opened. They then scanned it using the onboard X-ray scanner and found………nothing. 
I offered to open the bag but they said it wasn’t necessary as the scanner showed nothing of interest.

Did port security open the bag and take the item, or did onboard security do it with you present? Was your bag locked? Curious………..

2 hours ago, Xaa said:

Hmm I wonder if I take this and pack the cord separately, will it go thru..

Picture 1 of 4

On 2/18/2023 at 3:49 PM, TheMaxRebo said:

Just got on Symphony of the Seas and the multiplug adapter for confiscated. Was not a power strip but that said "anything with multiple plugs is a safety issues" and said they had confiscated a ton of them 

So if you have a trip coming up be mindful 

Pretty much anything with a cord gets taken.  Except curling irons and hair dryers.  I have the cube style converter and no problems.  I plug it into the European outlet and give me 2 more US ports. 

On 3/17/2023 at 3:27 PM, Speggy said:

This is exactly what I'll be trying in 2 weeks.  I specifically bought one with a removable power cord.  Figure I'll pack the cord in checked and put the USB hub in carry-on for best chances. 

I was thinking of tucking the cord into the CPAP machine, and the hub into carry-on. 

Out of curiosity, if they confiscate and say you can't take it, can you take it back to your car at the port? Or is it thrown away? What happens to confiscated cords? 

We will be on a med cruise this summer from Barcelona to Civi port and are coming in a few days early and touring a little after so will need to be able to charge our phones and camera for a 2 week trip. What types of chargers are you saying we would be allowed to have that would not be confiscated? We are concerned what we already have is not acceptable.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, Bestcee said:

I was thinking of tucking the cord into the CPAP machine, and the hub into carry-on. 

Out of curiosity, if they confiscate and say you can't take it, can you take it back to your car at the port? Or is it thrown away? What happens to confiscated cords? 

I’m not sure if you can take it back to your car at that point but don’t see why not. But in either case, they don’t throw away the things confiscated…..they tag it, give you a receipt and as someone on the boards said, keep it in the ‘naughty room’. After the cruise you can pick it up.