Seapass in staterooms

Hi

Will we find our seapasses in the staterooms ?

If so, do we then have to pay for soda/drinks etc, until we can get into our staterooms ?

We plan to board as early as possible, and I have read that the staterooms is not ready before 1300-1400 ?

Your Sea pass will be given on your check in before you embark the ship.

You will pay for your drink with your sea pass card and this will be added to your on board account which is payable before you disembark - unless of course you have bought a package of drinks?

13 minutes ago, pamw said:

You will pay for your drink with your sea pass card and this will be added to your on board account which is payable before you disembark - unless of course you have bought a package of drinks?

Thanks. We have bought the drink packages, so then we can start enjoying these as soon as we embark the ship :-)

2 hours ago, pamw said:

When the Seapass actually is in the stateroom, like on Harmony. How does it work then? 

38 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

On the Oand Q classes, your Set Sail Pass will work for charging goods and services before you retrieve your Seapass card in your room.

We are going on the Oasis next month and our sea pass cards will be in our room instead of check in?  Its been about 3 yrs since we were on a O class and they didnt do it then.

2 hours ago, MikeK said:

We are going on the Oasis next month and our sea pass cards will be in our room instead of check in?  Its been about 3 yrs since we were on a O class and they didnt do it then.

They're moving in this direction to expedite boarding. 

1 hour ago, rjac said:

That's interesting Doc. When/how does your photo get added to the sea pass card or are they nor going to do that anymore?

On Q class, you can upload your own photo as part of the online check-in process, so they must have a way to associate the photo with your Seapass even without it in hand. When I sailed Disney, we never had or photo taken after the first cruise as it was in the system from our previous cruises. 

3 hours ago, DocLC said:

On Q class, you can upload your own photo as part of the online check-in process, so they must have a way to associate the photo with your Seapass even without it in hand. When I sailed Disney, we never had or photo taken after the first cruise as it was in the system from our previous cruises. 

I don't know about uploading a photo. For those that aren't too computer savvy, it could cause more problems than it's worth.  I mean, really, how much time will this save at boarding?

1 minute ago, rjac said:

I don't know about uploading a photo. For those that aren't too computer savvy, it could cause more problems than it's worth.  I mean, really, how much time will this save at boarding?

There will always be the option to do it at the port.  Individually, not much time is saved.  However, if you add the few seconds it takes for them to retrieve the cards at check-in for each person and multiply that by thousands, that can add up to a savings of nearly 1 hour if 30 check-in agents are involved.  And this is assuming it only takes 15 seconds for them to retrieve your Seapass.  If it takes longer or there are fewer agents, you're talking even longer.  It also seems that the length of check-in is one the most consistent complaints by passengers which is why they are trying to make changes.

Another thing that I do not like about this "they leave one of your cards behind the room number placard in an envelope", what is there to prevent some one who boards before you, walks down the hallway and steals as many sea pass cards as he/she can pocket? And then goes on a spending & drinking spree with stolen cards. Nope, I'll do the sea pass card at the port boarding check in. I don't mind waiting in line a bit. 

4 minutes ago, rjac said:

Another thing that I do not like about this "they leave one of your cards behind the room number placard in an envelope", what is there to prevent some one who boards before you, walks down the hallway and steals as many sea pass cards as he/she can pocket? And then goes on a spending & drinking spree with stolen cards. Nope, I'll do the sea pass card at the port boarding check in. I don't mind waiting in line a bit. 

Where do they leave these cards? In your cabin? Isn't your cabin locked?

10 minutes ago, FManke said:

Where do they leave these cards? In your cabin? Isn't your cabin locked?

According to tiny260's post above "Yes, they leave one of your cards behind the room number placard in an envelop, use your set sail pass until you go to your room."

1 minute ago, rjac said:

According to tiny260's post above "Yes, they leave one of your cards behind the room number placard in an envelop, use your set sail pass until you go to your room."

I'm asking because if one is in your room and your room is secure. How is somebody going to get hold of your other Sea Pass?

11 minutes ago, FManke said:

I'm asking because if one is in your room and your room is secure. How is somebody going to get hold of your other Sea Pass?

If the thief takes the card behind the door placard, I assume that card can be used to open the door. Once inside, they can just look around. Or worse, they wait until you have boarded and put all your stuff away, come back  day or two later and knock on the door. If no one answers the door, in they go and rummage through your stuff. 

11 minutes ago, rjac said:

If the thief takes the card behind the door placard, I assume that card can be used to open the door. Once inside, they can just look around. Or worse, they wait until you have boarded and put all your stuff away, come back  day or two later and knock on the door. If no one answers the door, in they go and rummage through your stuff. 

Oh, gotcha! I thought you meant they left the card in your locked room, but they leave it outside your room. Well that's no good!

12 minutes ago, FManke said:

Oh, gotcha! I thought you meant they left the card in your locked room, but they leave it outside your room. Well that's no good!

Exactly. Perhaps there more to it than what we are seeing here on this message board. Just have to wait and see.

Your picture comes up on the terminal when you go to charge anything, so they'll know if it's you who is charging or not.  In addition, you can immediately cancel the card if it's missing.

By the way, this is how it used to be done.  You would board the ship and all of the stateroom doors would would be open and your keys and cards would be waiting for you on the desk.

15 minutes ago, DocLC said:

Your picture comes up on the terminal when you go to charge anything, so they'll know if it's you who is charging or not.  In addition, you can immediately cancel the card if it's missing.

By the way, this is how it used to be done.  You would board the ship and all of the stateroom doors would would be open and your keys and cards would be waiting for you on the desk.

And people used to go to sleep with their doors unlocked.

I should have prefaced my earlier statement with "that was the way they did it last year when I was on Harmony", and I was a little skeptical when they told me my room key would be on the door, but I believe we have to have a little more trust in our fellow human being, if the cruise ship was in some down trodden part of America I could see not wanting your card left out so people could steal your stuff, but this is a cruise that people have paid thousands of dollars to go on just like you, so why would they risk screwing up and getting thrown off of the ship? Nothing is in you room at this time, maybe some free gifts from the cruise line, maybe your luggage?

When they make the announcement that your room is available go down by the room and get your key, and then no worries for the rest of the cruise.

Pre-loading your picture save you and RCCL time so you can get on the cruise ship faster.

Of course, there's nothing to steal since no one has had access to the cabins and presumably you're going to remove your keys after accessing the cabin the first time.  And if threat was a serious issue, the luggage in the hallway would be a bigger target.

The conspiracy side of me wonders if this is a method to limit access to the cabins before they're made available to everyone.  Given that they could wait until a few minutes before the announcement, this would limit passengers from accessing their cabins prematurely.

34 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

but I believe we have to have a little more trust in our fellow human being,

I do, except for the people that stole, my credit card numbers TWICE and used them to purchase things, causing me the inconvenience of having to cancel my credit and debit cards and then wait, while they were replaced. And I live in a very good community. It can happen anywhere at anytime.

3 minutes ago, DocLC said:

Of course, there's nothing to steal since no one has had access to the cabins and presumably you're going to remove your keys after accessing the cabin the first time.  And if threat was a serious issue, the luggage in the hallway would be a bigger target.

The conspiracy side of me wonders if this is a method to limit access to the cabins before they're made available to everyone.  Given that they could wait until a few minutes before the announcement, this would limit passengers from accessing their cabins prematurely.

If you went to get your Sea Pass and it was missing from your door, would they just issue you a new one? Or would they issue brand new Sea Passes? If you can't be sure the second happens, beware the first might.

2 hours ago, DocLC said:

Thanks Doc. That is something I always suspected, the picture on the terminal. So, let's put this one to rest and tackle another issue....like the drink package.....:12_slight_smile:

1 minute ago, rjac said:

Thanks Doc. That is something I always suspected, the picture on the terminal. So, let's put this one to rest and tackle another issue....like the drink package.....:12_slight_smile:

I'm more of a dining package man. ;)

2 hours ago, DocLC said:

Careful DocLC.... you're aging yourself with that flashback. Lol

3 hours ago, DocLC said:

I remember those days. Always did strike me as a little "too" trusting but it worked...