Diamond to Elite Benefits

Live2Cruise

Hey everyone. As you can imagine based on the topic, we are Diamond with Royal so that becomes Elite with Celebrity. I have been going over the benefits for Elite, and one of them (listed under Classic) is one free upgrade to Aquaclass. Has anyone done this before? I assume I will have to call to book since my status with Celebrity does not show up as Elite. ARe there really any benefit to that class or should I stick with a Verdanda? We are doing an Antarctica trip (total bucket list item). And if there is anything else I should know prior to booking with Celebrity for the first time, I appreciate any suggestions.

• Live2Cruise changed the title to Diamond to Elite Benefits

The benefit is one free upgrade "THROUGH" Aquaclass not TO AquaClass.  That means you might get a one category upgrade from the category you booked at if you ask, that category is available and you meet the restrictions. 

To be upgraded to Aquaclass you would have to have booked one class below Aqua and then meet the availability/restrictions caveat.

On 2/17/2023 at 6:14 PM, Live2Cruise said:

Hey everyone. As you can imagine based on the topic, we are Diamond with Royal so that becomes Elite with Celebrity. I have been going over the benefits for Elite, and one of them (listed under Classic) is one free upgrade to Aquaclass. Has anyone done this before? I assume I will have to call to book since my status with Celebrity does not show up as Elite. ARe there really any benefit to that class or should I stick with a Verdanda? We are doing an Antarctica trip (total bucket list item). And if there is anything else I should know prior to booking with Celebrity for the first time, I appreciate any suggestions.

There are a couple posts in this topic that are comparisons of Royal to Celebrity. My suggestion is you read through those (one is mine from pre-covid).  We are former Royal cruisers who choose Celebrity first now.  It's a different experience.