Check in but won’t let us select a time- just documents

Eyeonhevn

We had checkin today - there are 7 of us traveling together but not as a group. We just managed to get our cabins nearby and dining together. Perfect.

we started checking in last night - some of us- and some this morning. We can add passport info, consent to photos. Insert photo. Insert credit card, contact info for someone not traveling with us- and it’s good.

then we get taken back to show a green check for passport info. So that’s good we managed that. But we click on time to board and it says “we aren’t ready for you. Check back closer to cruise date. “

we’ve all sailed before but don’t remember it not allowing us to select a time to board at check in? 

any help or insight? Thanks in advance! 

26 minutes ago, Eyeonhevn said:

We had checkin today - there are 7 of us traveling together but not as a group. We just managed to get our cabins nearby and dining together. Perfect.

we started checking in last night - some of us- and some this morning. We can add passport info, consent to photos. Insert photo. Insert credit card, contact info for someone not traveling with us- and it’s good.

then we get taken back to show a green check for passport info. So that’s good we managed that. But we click on time to board and it says “we aren’t ready for you. Check back closer to cruise date. “

we’ve all sailed before but don’t remember it not allowing us to select a time to board at check in? 

any help or insight? Thanks in advance! 

Sounds like you're checking in on the website rather than the app. The app is where you can snag check-in times first and then go back and complete the rest at leisure. Note that to check in from the app, you should use click on the head & shoulders icon and then check-in from there, rather than just clicking on the check-in icon at the bottom of the screen.

All that said, there was a recurring issue a while ago where people were getting precisely the message you mention. It was literally a case of checking back and in most cases the check-in times showed up within a few days.

36 minutes ago, Eyeonhevn said:

I’m using the app and it’s not letting me grab a time in the app. Says come back later closer to cruise date.. it’s our check in day today. 

I have had it happen, twice, that even though check-in is open, neither the app nor website is cooperating. Wait a little bit, refresh, etc. and then try. Sometimes it will open up hours or even a day later. 

Wanted to also add- one of our group members (diamond status) has called RC several times. Each time he gets a different response. 

first was a guy that said to keep refreshing page. 

second was a guy that said it’s a tech glitch and he will ask IT team to reboot the server. 

third (and latest - this morning) he was told it won’t be ready until 15 days prior to sailing. That the Brilliance has never sailed the Panama Canal before and they aren’t ready for checkin. (This is the oddest answer to me…. But maybe?!? )

On 2/17/2023 at 8:01 AM, Eyeonhevn said:

I’m using the app. Same message and yes I clicked the man icon top of app screen. Others are using the website. 

I had this problem almost two weeks ago. The app would not present the times. So I checked in on the website and was able to select our time.

Another update - still no sign in app or website of times for check- in. We are in a holding pattern and still can't complete check-in beyond passport/consent for photography/credit card, etc.

No way to select a time - and the message continues to say: We aren't ready for you yet. CHeck back closer to cruise date.

Our check in was Feb 17.

41 minutes ago, F1guynz said:

I had this on the weekend with the app.

What I found is if you click on the checkin button it said come back later, but if i swiped right to left and brought up my profile the option to select a time was available there. Hopefully this works for you to.

That doesn't seem to do anything. I can't seem to get my profile to come up with a swipe right to left. I have to click on profile and then nothing but my profile is there. No times. If it was just me - I'd think it was just something about my account. But with 7 of us traveling separately but eating together - and we are all experiencing the same thing there MUST be a glitch, right?

7 hours ago, Eyeonhevn said:

That doesn't seem to do anything. I can't seem to get my profile to come up with a swipe right to left. I have to click on profile and then nothing but my profile is there. No times. If it was just me - I'd think it was just something about my account. But with 7 of us traveling separately but eating together - and we are all experiencing the same thing there MUST be a glitch, right?

Have you searched for others on your sailing to see if there's an issue with your group or the whole cruise?  There are some Roll Call groups on this site but there's almost always a Facebook Group or a Cruise Critic Roll Call group for every sailing.  I suggest you find one of those and ask what others are experiencing.

5 hours ago, Reigert2008 said:

From a tech perspective, are all of the following at the latest available versions?

Royal App

iOS / Android OS

Windows / MacOS

browser (chrome, safari, IE, Edge, etc…)

I always check in via the website, but any number of out of date software things could throw a link in things.  

Good Luck!

Those are always great ideas! Thank you. I checked and I’m up to date in all. I did find roll call on CC and the last few posts are folks with same issue. 

4 hours ago, Eyeonhevn said:

Those are always great ideas! Thank you. I checked and I’m up to date in all. I did find roll call on CC and the last few posts are folks with same issue. 

No problem!  I'm the family IT worker and every once in a while my in-laws phones don't auto update like I have them set to and it causes issues with several apps, not generally the Royal app since they only use it like 2 weeks before we cruise so i fix it when I log them back in after a year away.  

17 minutes ago, Keanoknick said:

@Eyeonhevn  Have you been able get a time reserved yet?

No, we are still getting the "We aren't quite ready for you yet" on the app and also website. We all check once a day or more! We have never received an email from RC that its "time to check in!" but we were at the 45 day point and the app and browser showed the check in button and let us add CC and passport and photos and such.

I've checked over at CruiseCritic roll call and no one is reporting they have been able to select a check in time either. We've called RC and they just keep saying to wait for 30 days before which is next week.

I guess we wait....

There were many times listed. We all grabbed the earliest on the list-  11:30. The check in seems to begin at 11:30 and thirty minute increments until 3. 

I doubt there was an earlier check in time? But who knows since no one was notified and we just happened to see it was available to select and text messages between our group and we all nabbed the same time slot.