xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas-October 1, 2023-October 8, 2023 (7 Night Perfect Day Bahamas Cruise)

ScottD

Just booked for Oct 1 from Bayonne on Oasis! Chime in and join the discussion if you are joining us on this cruise! 

There are three of us, myself, wife and 11 yr old son, from Philadelphia.  We just got of Oasis Feb 5th and loved it so much we booked to go right back again in October! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 1:41 PM, Lake2ndm said:

7 of us going on the 10/1 thru 10/8 cruise!  5 Adults and 2 kids, one 11 and one 14.  Did Bermuda on Anthem in 2019, at that time there were 9 of us.  

We will have our 11 yr old as well, maybe they can hang out... we went a few months ago and he was still 11 then, he hated the kids club because it was 6-11 and he felt old. So now when we go, he will still be 11 but has told us he thinks the 12-16 group may be TOO old for him. So hoping he can find a friend to hang out with or go to the kids club stuff with! we need SOME adult time this cruise, lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 9:56 AM, KevinK said:

If you guys don't mind me asking.  I see some of you are bringing the kids.  Isn't it still a school time?  Cuz I was thinking to bring my nephew.  But I though Oct 1 is still a school in session week..

Yes, we take our kid out for a week each year for vacation. It's the only way we can afford it, first of all, and we decided that spending a week bonding and learning about new places and ships in general is just as good as being in school. There are always kids on the ship, just a bit less than during the school breaks. 

Third time on RCL this year (Navigator in Jan, Ovation in June)...(Reward to myself for NOT dying this past February when my appendix ruptured and sent me into septic shock)...Going to, possibly foolishly, try to squeeze as much EPCOT into Day 3 as possible (that is, unless some hurricane screws things up...)...Wife and I are looking forward to first time on an Oasis class

On 7/8/2023 at 9:58 AM, Ed Vaira said:

Third time on RCL this year (Navigator in Jan, Ovation in June)...(Reward to myself for NOT dying this past February when my appendix ruptured and sent me into septic shock)...Going to, possibly foolishly, try to squeeze as much EPCOT into Day 3 as possible (that is, unless some hurricane screws things up...)...Wife and I are looking forward to first time on an Oasis class

Yikes !  Glad to hear you are feeling better !

On 7/8/2023 at 11:58 AM, Ed Vaira said:

Glad you're doing better! Looking forward to this cruise, as well! You will LOVE Oasis!! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 2:12 PM, CruisingNady said:

Hi everyone,

I just booked this sailing for my hubby,s birthday.  First time on the Oasis (or any Oasis class ship).  We usually said out of Bayonne on the Anthem.  Super excited to countdown and learn more about the ship 😁

Welcome!! You are going to have a blast,it's such a great ship!  

2 hours ago, Gilley said:

You will love Oasis.   I’m sailing Athem for the 2nd time in November.  I also like to sail out of Bayonne since I’m a Philly gal and it saves me money not having to fly.  I can catch the train round trip for under $50 from Philly to Newark.

We are also from Philly and going out of NJ for the first time on this cruise, excited not to have to fly and get hotels finally. Hoping to do some more from this port in the future, possible a bermuda trip next summer!  We have been pondering ways around driving and paying for the parking... what train do you take and do you do uber from Newark to the port? 

This will be my first time catching the train.  I’m getting the train at 30th street to Newark, NJ Penn Station then I will get an Uber to the cruise ship.  The round trip total for my train ticket was $38. 

I’m not sure how much an Uber will cost from the train station to the port but I know it’s still cheaper than flying.

I just got off Oasis a week ago.  There were 17 of us and we drove in 4 vehicles from RI.  Took 3 hours 20 minutes which was not bad for a Friday morning!  Parked in the lot directly across from the terminal…so easy.  Last summer I cruised from Bayonne to Bermuda on Adventure and was lucky enough to get a spot in the garage.  This time they were only allowing handicapped into the garage…but I would assume they later opened it up to anyone.  
Enjoy your cruise!

7 hours ago, Gilley said:

This will be my first time catching the train.  I’m getting the train at 30th street to Newark, NJ Penn Station then I will get an Uber to the cruise ship.  The round trip total for my train ticket was $38. 

I’m not sure how much an Uber will cost from the train station to the port but I know it’s still cheaper than flying.

Definitely cheaper. I'm just trying to figure out if it's cheaper than driving...it's under 2 hours from Philly so it might be just as easy ro drive. But I am looking into the train idea

you should definitely check it out and if you do, let me know.   I also booked the train for my visions cruise in February next year.  My only concern was the time I was getting off the ship.  I made my trip back for 9;30 but I can always pay to change my ticket when I get to train station if I’m late.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 9:03 PM, LetsGoooooooo said:

Hi everyone,

First time cruising and we are sooooo excited! Going with the fam and another family. Can’t wait to meet and make new friends and most importantly have a great time. 

Cheers!

Awesome- great ship to start on! You will love it, so much to see and do! Have a blast!!! 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas-October 1, 2023-October 8, 2023 (7 Night Perfect Day Bahamas Cruise)