Allergen menu for Windjammer?

PeakMan

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, PeakMan said:

Thanks for the advice. I just wanted to know before we travel as things like being able to eat pizza and breakfast bagels would be nice to know beforehand. 

I"m not sure you can get the full details beforehand, and even if you can find it, I would strongly recommend talking to the employees at each restaurant/windjammer buffet/main dining room when you want to eat.  Once you mention allergies, they will get a supervisor or chef to come out and discuss the menu with you.  Then, they will advise you what you can safely eat from the menu/buffet or will they make something specifically for you at an allergy-friendly station in their kitchen.  I've often heard they will let you pre-order things for the next day so they are ready when you want them.

On 3/3/2023 at 2:19 AM, PeakMan said:

Thanks for the advice. I just wanted to know before we travel as things like being able to eat pizza and breakfast bagels would be nice to know beforehand. 

I know I just read somewhere (can't remember where or which ship) that they had an egg allergy and Sorrentos pizza was okay on their ship, so you may be in luck there. Obviously with an allergy you are still going to want to check and confirm on your ship. If no one on the front line can give you a for certain answer, escalate it up until someone can!

I’ve seen vegan reviews where they were able to eat the pizza at sorrentos without the cheese, so they must have a crust option without egg.  But they did have to talk to the staff and have a special pizza made for them, but still only had to wait around 10 minutes.  That may have been because of the dairy and not the eggs, but just wanted to highlight that possibility that there could be a bit of a longer wait.