Been looking for fun Cruise to book for next year at the end of March, or first thing in April.  Was wondering if anyone else has a March 31st or April 1st Sail Date for 2018 yet?  We have been disappointed to find so many of the cruises have 3 days listed as "AT SEA."  Would rather have an extra Port in there, than have more than two days at Sea.  Any good suggestions?  Have specific dates we have to sail out.  03/31/18 or 04/01/18.  Thanks for any suggestions from all you savy cruisers out there!!!  

I'm locked to the same departure days and only found two options when I was looking for itineraries over 7 nights. There's an 8-night Eastern Caribbean itinerary from Ft. Lauderdale on 3/31/18 on Freedom that has four ports -- St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee. I want to say that there was also a 9-night Southern Caribbean on Navigator that left the same day or maybe 3/30 and hit the ABC islands along with Labadee (or maybe it was San Juan). Those were the longest itinerary / highest number of ports I was able to find.

Royal doesn't offer itineraries with better than a 50/50 mix of sea days and port days, as far as I've been able to tell. At least not for any Caribbean options.

@JLMoran is correct when it comes to the Caribbean unless you're going out of San Juan.  There we only had one sea day.  The problem with leaving from Florida is the distance down into and back from the ports in the Caribbean, which isn't a problem when you start in San Juan.  Fewer sea days can also be had on some New England/Canada itineraries, depending on the embarkation port, and in Europe, where we had a 13 day cruise with only a single sea day.  We have a 12 day cruise coming up next month with only two sea days.

There are many here, and I'm one of them, that really likes the sea days as they give you a chance to enjoy the features of the ship, sleep in, relax, etc.  My wife on the other hand is eager to get off the ship and isn't such a fan.  We did a two night cruise to nowhere followed by a 7 night cruise and she had to get off the ship on turnaround day just to walk and have her feet on land.

16 hours ago, DocLC said:

@JLMoran is correct when it comes to the Caribbean unless you're going out of San Juan.  There we only had one sea day.  The problem with leaving from Florida is the distance down into and back from the ports in the Caribbean, which isn't a problem when you start in San Juan.  Fewer sea days can also be had on some New England/Canada itineraries, depending on the embarkation port, and in Europe, where we had a 13 day cruise with only a single sea day.  We have a 12 day cruise coming up next month with only two sea days.

There are many here, and I'm one of them, that really likes the sea days as they give you a chance to enjoy the features of the ship, sleep in, relax, etc.  My wife on the other hand is eager to get off the ship and isn't such a fan.  We did a two night cruise to nowhere followed by a 7 night cruise and she had to get off the ship on turnaround day just to walk and have her feet on land.

We love sea days. The ship motion and sailing experience. Love that on our way back, we had 2 days at sea before we had to disembark.

I'm with dejagatkins, we love sea days. And Doc is correct, if you are looking for port intensive itineraries in the Caribbean you will have to do southern routes out of San juan. 5 ports in 7 nights usually on both Adventure and jewel.

18 hours ago, FloatMe said:

I'm with dejagatkins, we love sea days. And Doc is correct, if you are looking for port intensive itineraries in the Caribbean you will have to do southern routes out of San juan. 5 ports in 7 nights usually on both Adventure and jewel.

Keep in mind that Adventure is moving to Cape Liberty in 2018, and Freedom will be taking her place in San Juan (at least part of the year). If you want the smaller ship for those itineraries at that point, you'll need to book on Jewel.

The classic western itinerary (Labadee, Jamaica, Cayman, Cozumel) was 4 stops plus 2 sea days until the Oasis Class ships took over the mainline service.  They are simply too big to tender into Grand Cayman so that became a sea day..  

To be honest I like the 3+3 setup on a 7 nighter.  ;)