Help - New Baby; What is my best option?

chodnett

Hey everyone! I’m looking for your input on a situation I’m in.

We are booked on Wonder of the Seas this September. We originally booked two connecting interior staterooms, with myself and one child in one and my wife and other child in the other.

Well, my wife just gave birth to our third child. I contacted our TA add the newborn to one of the rooms. Her response is that no triple occupancy interior rooms are available. 

She offered to move one of our rooms to an Oceanview Balcony room (which is understandably way more expensive), but she said this would trigger the change fee of $200, and I would have to pay the new deposit. I would have assumed that since one of the rooms would be moving up a category, it wouldn’t trigger a change fee.

Knowing that I need to add the newborn, what is the most economical move to make it happen?

Congratulations on your new arrival! 😍

Have you tried to check for yourself on Royal's website, by doing a mock booking, if there are any other options for a 3-berth cabin on your sailing? It definitely sounds strange to me that you would be charged a change fee if you are staying on the same ship/sailing date. Unless the TA is one that charges for such changes? Some do, unfortunately.

I hope you manage to get it sorted. 🤞

Prepare yourself to be mobbed by people wanting to coo at the baby. 

Granted it was pre-pandemic, but my daughter sailed with her first, a girl, when she was about 9 or 10 months old.  She said that everyone (especially the grandma types) wanted to talk, touch and make the baby smile.  She said it was cute at first, but then after a few days, she grew tired of trying to navigate the ship with (good hearted) people stopping her at every turn wanting to see the baby. 😄 

It didn't help that my daughter dressed her in in frilly outfits, floppy flowery hats, pink bathing suits, even sunglasses.