What is in a junior suite

Thanks so much Matt. You are so helpful on this Blog. Your immediate responce is great.  But i still would like to find out if there is an iron in the room. And if by some CRAZY chance the coffee maker might be a kerig or other. Cause i will bring my own coffee.  Thanks ?

21 minutes ago, Labby said:

Thanks so much Matt. You are so helpful on this Blog. Your immediate responce is great.  But i still would like to find out if there is an iron in the room. And if by some CRAZY chance the coffee maker might be a kerig or other. Cause i will bring my own coffee.  Thanks ?

As WAAAYTOOO said, there will never be an iron as it's a fire hazard. If you try and bring one onboard they will confiscate it and hold it in the security area until your cruise is done and you're disembarking, at which time they'll let you pick it up. I've seen multiple comments on the boards here about how deadly serious they take any kind of fire risks (for obvious reasons).

I'm not a coffee drinker so while there is usually some kind of coffee making machine in my room, I never pay attention to it.  It seems like they are the "pod" type but I really cannot swear to it.

I will drink the occasional cappuccino but never a cup of coffee.  Hot tea ?  Yes.  Coffee, never.

Thank you WAAAYTOOO. I wasnt planning on bringing an iron on board just wondering what to do if something is wrinkled and needs a quick press. 

Someone mentioned an ironing room ??? Would that be possible ? Or is it the case where you have to send it out for a service  

I don't think Harmony has a laundry room, but I've never needed one so I've never really looked.

I always send my stuff out for pressing, but that is just me. I've heard of a trick of steaming them in a hot shower in the bathroom.

I've also seen post for a manufacturer like "Shout" that makes a wrinkle release spray, but some reviewers say it is only partially successful.

Hope this helps, the ship is usually pretty fast on their turn around time and IMO it is not very expensive.

No self-service ironing or laundry of any kind onboard any Royal Caribbean ship.  The only option is to send laundry out for dry cleaning, which has a fee with it.  

There is also a pressing service, which is great if you just want to get folds/creases out of clothes.

I found a list of the prices for Royal doing your laundry, pressing etc. It certainly isn't cheap. Here is the website for the http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf  Just paste it in your browser and it will take you there.

I have used Downey Wrinkle Release with not a lot of success. I usually will hang clothes in the bathroom when taking a shower because the steam helps.

If you pack carefully, most of the time you won't have a lot of wrinkles.

Candie

The Junior Suite on the Navigator had a hot water kettle which my wife really enjoyed, since she is a tea drinker.  This also made our room service menu for the morning easier to fill since we did not have to request hot water. Plus, the unit we had got the water boiling in less then two minutes, no joke.  It was amazing!  We leave on the Harmony in 5 days and I was going to request one for our room. Not traveling in a JS this time.:(

5 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

The Junior Suite on the Navigator had a hot water kettle which my wife really enjoyed, since she is a tea drinker.  This also made our room service menu for the morning easier to fill since we did not have to request hot water. Plus, the unit we had got the water boiling in less then two minutes, no joke.  It was amazing!  We leave on the Harmony in 5 days and I was going to request one for our room. Not traveling in a JS this time.:(

Sailings from England also have tea kettles in the room regardless of stateroom category. 

2 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

I'll bet you they will rent one to me, LOL   I am sorry for being a little sarcastic  

Did... did you just reply to and answer your own comment? :4_joy::15_yum:

I'm actually really curious about this, too. If they just have them sitting around when they're not on the UK season... I don't see why not?

1 hour ago, RBRSKI said:

You think my room steward will find one for us?

I asked when we asked from Sweden having had one sailing from England and were unable to get one. Note that there is a 24 beverage station with a good selection of teas, however. 

Maybe this has already been answered, but I'm a bit confused.  There IS a coffee maker in the JS.  I can attest to that.  It uses those little round packets that you put in the top and then you load it with water that heats up and drops though.  You have to fill the pot with water from the sink (which isn't easy because the pot doesn't fit well under the spout) and then pour it in.  Frankly, I wasn't enamored with it.  On the Promenade deck, there is an area (where the sandwiches and morning pastries are) that has big plastic vats of coffee.  Free.  I schlepped down there every morning and got my coffee.  I ran down (skipping the elevators) and was back up in no time, chilling on my deck looking out at the beautiful ocean while my hubby snoozed.

There aren't any irons.  Don't pack anything that needs to be ironed.  Nobody cares.

I have found that rolling your clothes helps keep them less wrinkled, and I love Downy's wrinkle release.  Works great for t-shirts and the minor wrinkles.  For formal clothes, the laundry service is the only way to go....  But, as cruise-y said, don't pack anything that needs to be ironed.  And, truly, nobody cares.  We're all in the same boat (haha!) - no one else has irons, either, so we're all a little wrinkled.