Food warning

Kelly K

Also just a heads up, there is no guarantee that you got it from the ship. If you got it, then dozens, if not hundreds of other people would have also gotten it. Food poisoning isn’t something that limits itself to an individual here or there in an environment like a cruise ship.  There is quite a long time span between 2/4 and last night. 

I was on Anthem of the Seas for the Jan.24 cruise. I was also tested positive for Salmonella para typi A.  I also tested positive for Covid. Both started the day before we disembarked.  Nothing was eaten or drank off the ship. Couldn’t have come from anywhere but the ship.

After 5 days in the hospital, I still have gastrointestinal issues and am seeing a gastroenterologist tomorrow. 

13 minutes ago, Al Miller said:

This is someone just looking to vent. Other than washy, washy, how do you "Be careful" to avoid Salmonella? Can I look at a dish with my super X-Ray vision and see the Salmonella? 

No, but it's clear kitchen crew needs more safety training.

I was a professional chef in my 20s and food safety was the first 3 months of a very expensive education.

2 hours ago, NotPayinExtra said:

No, but it's clear kitchen crew needs more safety training.

I was a professional chef in my 20s and food safety was the first 3 months of a very expensive education.

Royal is still recovering from the losses  during shutdown. They are doing less kitchen food safety training. Half the savings are used to pay down debt, the other half on extra toilet paper.

28 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Royal is still recovering from the losses  during shutdown. They are doing less kitchen food safety training. Half the savings are used to pay down debt, the other half on extra toilet paper.

Well, that's not good enough. Safety first. If you can't afford to do it safely, shut the doors and go out of business. Cut profits, never safety. Kitchen or any other kind.

On 2/22/2023 at 12:51 PM, RCVirgin22 said:

It can also be from raw food coming into contact with other non cooked foods such as fruits though, which can happen especially with short staffing issues.

I got a mild case of what my doctor hypothesized was E.Coli (it never got bad enough to justify an emergency room visit so I was never tested for anything). My mom and I both got burgers from the place, same time, cooked same doneness. Only difference was I had lettuce and she didn't. Our assumption was the lettuce was probably improperly kept, maybe too close to the beef.

It wasn't a fun 24 hours...I never hated water as much as I did that day

• 9 months later...
On 2/20/2023 at 11:20 AM, Decruiser said:

I was on Anthem of the Seas for the Jan.24 cruise. I was also tested positive for Salmonella para typi A.  I also tested positive for Covid. Both started the day before we disembarked.  Nothing was eaten or drank off the ship. Couldn’t have come from anywhere but the ship.

After 5 days in the hospital, I still have gastrointestinal issues and am seeing a gastroenterologist tomorrow. 

On 2/20/2023 at 11:20 AM, Decruiser said:

Why would you even get on the ship if you had Covid?😡