xSAILEDx Quantum of the Seas - May 8, 2023 - May 15, 2023 (7 Night Alaska Glacier Cruise)

I’m on a July Quantum Alaska sailing, but I’ve done Alaska before. First off, Alaska is stunning. My best advice is to take full advantage of where you are. Maximize excursions by doing things you can only do in Alaska. Take a helicopter to hike a glacier, go to a dog sled camp, fly up in a float plane, etc. Don’t do things you can do somewhere else (whale watching, lumberjack shows, walking tours, etc) and for heavens sake, don’t stay on the ship in port. You can do that plenty on some Caribbean sailings as some ports are not worth going to or they all feel quasi similar after you have done a few. But there is nothing else even close to Alaska in uniqueness. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 4:54 AM, RCEnthusiast said:

i thought maybe it was for people to arrive late? But i've been on past RC sailings and we've never stayed a full night at port. Weird.

The slightly weird sounding overnight in Vancouver with the really early AM departure is to allow people to get aboard.  It pulls out at 0330 the next morning to catch low tide -- which is needed for a Quantum class ship to clear under the Lion's Gate Bridge.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/12/2023 at 9:45 PM, mk-ultra said:

The slightly weird sounding overnight in Vancouver with the really early AM departure is to allow people to get aboard.  It pulls out at 0330 the next morning to catch low tide -- which is needed for a Quantum class ship to clear under the Lion's Gate Bridge.

RC just sent out an email once you've boarded you won't be able to leave the ship and the terminal closes at 5 pm May 8th.

"While we’ll depart from Vancouver, British Columbia at 3:30 AM on Tuesday, we’ve been advised that due to Canada Border Services Agency regulations, the terminal will close at 5:00 PM on boarding day and will not reopen until after we depart. As a result, once guests have checked-in and boarded the ship, they will not be able to leave the ship and return. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this."

1 hour ago, RCEnthusiast said:

RC just sent out an email once you've boarded you won't be able to leave the ship and the terminal closes at 5 pm May 8th.

"While we’ll depart from Vancouver, British Columbia at 3:30 AM on Tuesday, we’ve been advised that due to Canada Border Services Agency regulations, the terminal will close at 5:00 PM on boarding day and will not reopen until after we depart. As a result, once guests have checked-in and boarded the ship, they will not be able to leave the ship and return. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this."

Glad I booked 2 nights at a hotel, pre-cruise; though I also wouldn't be too bent out of shape having a relaxed ship day.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Quantum of the Seas - May 8, 2023 - May 15, 2023 (7 Night Alaska Glacier Cruise)