Port of Miami - is Oasis always facing forwards?!

Bazza

Hi experts/locals

Quick question - when going from Miami does Oasis always face forwards when parked up?

I saw that she was last month when I had my first cruise from Miami, and only asking as I am on her for back to back cruises next January so hoping my balcony on port side is facing Star Island and not the containers/terminal! 

Thanks in advance. 

Here is cruise ship info for Miami Port and sometimes it lists which side of the ship will be parked along the pier.  You can change the date as the year moves along.  Not sure when January 2024 will actually be showing info but at least you can have this to check.

oops sorry I didn’t copy the link correctly.  Once I figure it out I will post.

Here it is:

https://wwwx.miamidade.gov/Apps/Seaport/dailydock/Default.aspx

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Here is cruise ship info for Miami Port and sometimes it lists which side of the ship will be parked along the pier.  You can change the date as the year moves along.  Not sure when January 2024 will actually be showing info but at least you can have this to check.

Here it is:

🤩👍 thank you!

2 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Here it is:

That's awesome. Was wondering if they had information as to what side they dock on. Fingers crossed we get to do the sail to downtown-turntable-the out to sea. If I'm reading the location information correctly PST is port side tie up SST is starboard side tie up.

It just depends who is there and the order of arrivals… I was ON freedom last week and Grandeur was at the end near the turn table at terminal G. Freedom had used it prior to our cruise so she was facing away from Miami. When we came back, she didn’t use the turn table that AM and there wasn’t a ship down at G

On 2/13/2023 at 4:51 PM, Midwest Cruiser said:

That's awesome. Was wondering if they had information as to what side they dock on. Fingers crossed we get to do the sail to downtown-turntable-the out to sea. If I'm reading the location information correctly PST is port side tie up SST is starboard side tie up.

Hey @Midwest Cruiser

Based on the dates I was on Grandeur and the way she was facing I am making the same assumption as you as it is listed as SST all 3 dates and she was in fact moored on the starboard side in Terminal G.

Big thanks to @PPPJJ-GCVAB 👍

• 2 weeks later...

We're on Summit in April and I'm trying to find out which berth she will be at, it's not as easy as it used to be!  We'll be taking the Trolley over from the hotel and if we're pulling the luggage all the way to Terminal A I want to know ahead of time.  LOL  It's only a 5 night cruise, so we'll be flying with a carry-on size bag anyway.  But I like to be prepared.   There used to be schedules months out with exact info.  😞   Hoping for Terminal G, cause well, I'm lazy in my old age.

On 2/13/2023 at 7:52 AM, Bazza said:

Hi experts/locals

Quick question - when going from Miami does Oasis always face forwards when parked up?

I saw that she was last month when I had my first cruise from Miami, and only asking as I am on her for back to back cruises next January so hoping my balcony on port side is facing Star Island and not the containers/terminal! 

Thanks in advance. 

Back to back in January? Can you give us dates and details? Thank you

21 hours ago, KathyC said:

We're on Summit in April and I'm trying to find out which berth she will be at, it's not as easy as it used to be!  We'll be taking the Trolley over from the hotel and if we're pulling the luggage all the way to Terminal A I want to know ahead of time.  LOL  It's only a 5 night cruise, so we'll be flying with a carry-on size bag anyway.  But I like to be prepared.   There used to be schedules months out with exact info.  😞   Hoping for Terminal G, cause well, I'm lazy in my old age.

Summit is usually Terminal G, that is the only place I ever see Celebrity at Miami.  

On 2/27/2023 at 7:39 AM, Plumlee2028 said:

Summit is usually Terminal G, that is the only place I ever see Celebrity at Miami.  

Thanks!  I think that's the conclusion I came to as well.  I found a couple dates that Summit and one of the Oasis class ships (I can't remember which one at the moment, lol) both are sailing and the Royal ship was at terminal A and Summit was in G.  Love it, as G is right by the trolley stop!