Question/advise about RC Shore Excursion: Deluxe Blue Lagoon, Nassau Bahamas

RDCruise

Hello cruisers

I will be going on Oasis to Nassau and we arrive around 2:00 p.m. and I am considering the Deluxe Blue Lagoon. I am curious it anyone has gone to the Blue Lagoon later in the day and if so approximately what time they arrived. It is listed as a 5 hour excursion which means you are at the boat by 7:00 p.m. but I wanted to hear other cruiser's experience. 

Also, and I realize that this seems silly but are the ferries that go out fairly smooth rides. I am traveling with someone elderly who is fine on a big ship but on a smaller boat she might have seasickness issues. Yes, she does take Dramamine. From what I can tell on the videos that I have seen on YouTube it looks fairly smooth. The ferries remind me of the ones that New Yorkers take to go to Fire Island which are very smooth and comfortable. 

Any thoughts/advise/experience would be helpful.

Thank you in advance

Hi @RDCruise!  I actually did this excursion and wrote about it in my trip report here:

I did not mention the ferries/water taxis, but yes, they were a very smooth and comfortable ride. They were of varying sizes and the seas were pretty calm the day we went, so that may be a pretty big variable, but certainly had no complaints on that front!

10 hours ago, gi333 said:

Anyone can tell me if the Aqua park is included with blue lagoon deluxe? By reading the tour description it's very misleading information and I understood that no extra cost for it.

Looking over the Deluxe description in my cruise planner for a sailing next week, the answer is no. It includes their lunch buffet and admission to Blue Lagoon with transportation. The video header is highly misleading as it's showing one of the dolphin encounters. You'll be able to observe from afar, but you don't get to sit next to the dolphins without a dolphin encounter package.

Edited by Rackham
Reading comprehension failure.

30 minutes ago, Rackham said:

Looking over the Deluxe description in my cruise planner for a sailing next week, the answer is no. It includes their lunch buffet and admission to Blue Lagoon with transportation. The video header is highly misleading as it's showing one of the dolphin encounters. You'll be able to observe from afar, but you don't get to sit next to the dolphins without a dolphin encounter package.

^^This is correct.  You can add on things like the AquaPark (which wasn't terribly impressive, tbh) on the island, but it is not included in the Deluxe Beach Break.  There are also versions of the excursion offered through Royal that include dolphin encounter, a Segway tour, etc., etc.

• 1 month later...

This is a great spot, we were at Blue Lagoon earlier this week on Wonder. My only complaint would be the price gouging at the bar. Seriously $11USD for a can of subpar Bahamian beer? On our way back to the ship when the ferry was docking at the pier the captain misjudged the wind and slammed into the concrete piling which shattered a large glass window pane and sprayed glass everywhere. Word of advise, BE VERY CAUTIOUS AND AWARE IF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY OPT TO SIT NEXT TO THE GLASS ON EITHER SIDE OF THE LARGER FERRY WITH THE TINTED GLASS PANES. A woman and her family sitting under the pane had some small cuts from the glass and fortunately did not get severely injured.  

• 2 months later...

Do the return ferries run continuously so that we can return whenever we want or does everyone return at the same time?  We are doing the Dolphin Encounter and are wondering whether we can return afterwards if we don't want to stay at the beach for too long.