Parking at Cape Liberty Port

Micheleyd

So we will be sailing out of Cape Liberty, New Jersey in May 2023. I am looking for some info on the parking situation. We are planning to drive down from Ontario and park…. But all I am seeing are places you cannot prebook. That makes me super nervous! Are we going to have a problem finding a spot the morning of sail away? Would I be better off booking a hotel near the airport that offers week long parking and then Ubering it over to the Port. Any suggestions or advice welcome 😃

Parking is $25 a day, credit/debit only.

there is an indoor garage and 2 overflow outdoor lots fenced in/barb wired. Garage use will depend on which ships are using the port-it is always available for handicapped with sticker/card. .  In the late spring/summer I was in the outdoor lots.  When it became one Royal ship sailing I was in the indoor lot. 

use is easy.  Pull up drop bags/and if you want, passengers, pull past terminal, park.  Only one outdoor lot is considered “far”, it’s 2long blocks away, and they offered a shuttle to bring you back around.  It’s easily walkable if you have no impediments.  That one was only open once for me, in May, little 4 night cruise.

I see you’ll be there in May, I’ll be there!

There are always spots at Cape Liberty parking. Don't worry about reservations. Go right to the terminal, drop off your luggage and go park either in the garage or in the overflow outside lots. 

If in the garage, you get a ticket and pay at the end of the cruise.  if in the lot, you pay the attendant for the week. 

I also live in Ontario and we did our first drive to Cape Liberty last May 2022. I parked right at the terminal cruise parking. Sure it’s $25 a day but worth it and very convenient. I did not want to risk parking elsewhere, after all its your ride back home. As soon as we arrived, we dropped off our bags and then drove to the parking lot. I suggest to arrive early enough before the rest of the people come. We got there at 9am with absolutely no traffic getting in. We were with first time cruisers and they could not stop looking and taking pictures of Oasis while waiting to get on. Have fun on your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...