Bar Harbor capacity limitations

zjennk

11 hours ago, Dad2Cue said:

Same itinerary change on the Jewel southbound cruise in October.  We will be skipping Bar Harbor and will stop in Boston instead.  What is going on in Bar Harbor I wonder.  I visited Acadia National Park a long time ago.  I wanted to go to Acadia again but there is nothing wrong with Boston.

We are on the Jewel in October also.  We were looking forward to Bar Harbor as we haven't been there yet but we will enjoy Boston none the less.  We are going October 20th on the Jewel.

17 hours ago, zjennk said:

We are going on a New England/Canada cruise in October on the Vision of the seas. They dropped Bar Harbor due to capacity limitations and added an overnight at St John, New Brunswick. What is there to do there besides the Bay of Fundy?  I was really looking forward to Acadia National Park!  

Plan a full city tour and visit to the city Market,  check your tide charts and see if a tour out to St. Martins will be worth it.  Same for the reversing Falls / river. You could also rent a car and make a run up to the Fundy Trail Parkway for some sight seeing.