What's your cruise playlist?

fa-li

I've been downloading some playlists for our next cruise, and it made me wonder - what songs make you feel like you are definitely on vacation?  For example, on the way to the airport to leave for a cruise, we always play (and sing, badly) Where the Boat Leaves From by Zac Brown Band.  And of course, just about any Jimmy Buffet song counts as cruise music.  What will you be tapping your toes to on your next cruise?

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Thanks, Matt!  I had to check and make sure this wasn't one of your recent posts that I'd missed lol.  

2 hours ago, Midwest Cruiser said:

Here is my playlist for our cruise in 16 day on Oasis. 

This is awesome!  Will be stealing some of these for sure!

I've never considered making a playlist, but that's also "not my thing".  I do have songs that remind me of cruises though and if I hear them on the radio-YEAH!

To me the best playlist is one you play for yourself and not for anyone sitting around you or for your neighbor through the walls.  It's tiring to be sitting at CoCoCay and having to listen to music from 4 rows behind you.  One time a  family left their speaker playing while they went in the water or elsewhere......about 30 minutes in I realized they were nowhere to be found and got up and turned it off.
I've seen people with their speakers playing music on the ship too.  Imagine if we all did this?!  UGH

On 2/13/2023 at 8:49 AM, fa-li said:

I had to look this up - thank you!  A good laugh!  Wouldn't it be great to have them perform onboard sometime?

Glad you liked it.  They have almost 30 years of amazing music.  Some funny.  Some more serious.  Funny you should mention that it would be nice to see them on board.  That's exactly how we (my brothers and I) discovered them.  They were on the first two Barenaked Ladies cruises.  They have done the Rock Boat several times since then.  A great unknown live band.  Never spent more than $40 to see them.  Usually $20.  Sometimes free.  Seriously, a great band.

On 2/14/2023 at 8:27 AM, AshleyDillo said:

They're actually playing The Rock Boat this next year. It's on Norwegian, though.

There are many bands that are well known, and many bands with a huge concert following.  This band is so great, and they normally play small venues.  Not expensive.  Great musicians.  

Let me ask you this:  Do you know any band that comes out after the show to talk to their fans, sign anything, and take photos until the last fan has gone?  This band does.  Every time I've seen them.

• 10 months later...

My go-to cruise playlist includes a mix of beachy vibes and feel-good tunes. Can't go wrong with a bit of Bob Marley, The Beach Boys, and make a dash of "Escape (The Piña Colada Song)" for good measure. Recently, I've been inspired to create a couple of chill tracks perfect for sailing. You can find them on Spotify, and it's awesome to see them getting some love! Also, shoutout to https://songlifty.com/ – been using their services to boost engagement, and it's been super handy. Hope my tunes add to the cruise soundtrack for many more of you!