formal night

Quick question - we are taking a 7-night western Caribbean on Harmony. I know the first formal night falls on the first sea day. How about the second formal night? Does it fall on the last sea day (which is actually the last night)?

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Mushroom said:

Quick question - we are taking a 7-night western Caribbean on Harmony. I know the first formal night falls on the first sea day. How about the second formal night? Does it fall on the last sea day (which is actually the last night)?

Thanks!

I'm on the 7 day western on Allure in a few weeks and I'm pretty sure the second formal night is on night 5 which is at sea day before Cozumel

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ZK121016 said:

Hello I am new to cruising. Booked my first cruise with a travel agent. How do we know what nights are formal nights?

Welcome!

Which ship are you on and how many nights?

There will always be a formal night on the second night of the cruise.

1 minute ago, ZK121016 said:

Thank you! Sailing on Allure for 7 nights.

Great, so you will have two formal nights.  First is on night 2, the other will be on night 5 or night 6.  It depends on your itinerary.

The Cruise Compass will let you know each day what the dress code is for that evening.

8 minutes ago, ZK121016 said:

Ok. I am sorry so new to this whole thing. Where is the cruise compass when I am under the itinerary or have they not picked the days when we are this far out from November?

There are sample Cruise Compasses posted to this site. The link is in the menu bar at the top. These are limited to those sent in by contributers to this site. On your cruise, you'll receive the Cruise Compass the night before during turndown service. 

3 minutes ago, DocLC said:

There are sample Cruise Compasses posted to this site. The link is in the menu bar at the top. These are limited to those sent in by contributers to this site. On your cruise, you'll receive the Cruise Compass the night before during turndown service. 

Thank you for your assistance. I am trying to figure as much out as I can.

Just now, ZK121016 said:

Thank you for your assistance. I am trying to figure as much out as I can.

You're welcome. We're all here to help, so don't hesitate to ask questions. The blog also has a lot of article that provide a wealth of information. 

13 minutes ago, DocLC said:

You're welcome. We're all here to help, so don't hesitate to ask questions. The blog also has a lot of article that provide a wealth of information. 

This blog is truly helpful. I really appreciate it, and I not blowing up my travel agents email, I have come up with so many other questions about stumbling upon this blog.

The Cruise Compass will be delivered to your stateroom when you are onboard.  It's like a daily newspaper of events and things going on.

While Royal Caribbean will not provide that information ahead of time, the old Cruise Compass' we have on this site are a pretty good indication of what to expect.

You might find this podcast episode helpful in explaining the in's and out's of the Cruise Compass: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/podcast/episode-47-cruise-compass