OASIS at FULL Capacity

VinceC

43 minutes ago, VinceC said:

Just out of curiosity, How BAD is cruising on the OASIS when it is at FULL Capacity.

What do i need to know ahead of time?
Pool Chairs?
Entertainment?
Activities?

We were on Oasis for the first time in August and it was just about at capacity. The Windjammer was terrible because it's so small for such a large ship. My time dining was awful but I think that's just because my time dining is awful in general now. Other than that the ship never, every felt crowded. Pretty amazing for such a large ship with that many people. Loved the ship by the way. We had an absolute blast. 

Doesn't seem crowded at all. The only challenge is a deck chair on a sea day. The unreservable shows in studio B (battle of the sexes and quest) had huge lineups before they opened the doors. People were butting in line and we witnessed several heated arguments. Then when the doors opened and the dust settled there was still plenty of available seats for latecomers lol

Oasis Class ships were designed from the ground up to feel spacious.  Prior to covid the only time I personally felt like any Oasis Class ship felt crowed was after the emergency drill. Since cruising has resumed the e-muster has replaced the in person drill so the only time it feels crowded is during breakfast at Windjammers like an hour or two before they close. I've never really had an issue finding pool chairs on an Oasis Class ship, even on sea days, you may not get the spot you want but you can always find chairs at the pool.

Since cruising resumed I've sailed on Freedom twice, Anthem, and on Harmony, Symphony and Wonder.  In my opinion Harmony, Symphony and Wonder all felt less crowded than Freedom and Anthem because of how Oasis Class ships were designed.  

In 10 days I'll be boarding Symphony for another 7 night cruise, it look like the ship is nearly sold out, I think there might be a few interior cabins left but I'm looking forward to relaxing fun time.

I sailed Oasis Jan 15-22nd and it was over capacity I believe 104%. Since it was designed to not feel the crowds, you really don't.......in places crowds wouldn't be.  Though crowds may be subjective in a sense. The deck was always a mess, unless you wanted to be on the smoking side, directly in the sun. Promenade was always congested in the evenings and when there were events.  Shows were okay unless you wanted to do trivia in the Music Hall. You may have to wait in line for shows but you will get a seat. I heard the MDR and WJ were a mess, but I didn't eat there. 

Did Oasis over Christmas at full capacity. Expect somewhat longer lines and waits for things, but certainly nothing crazy. We never had any problems getting in to any of the shows/activities we really wanted. 

The only caveat I would put on that was that things like karaoke, trivia, etc. got really full. So if you want to do that and want seats, I'd say get to trivia at least 20 minutes early, more than that for karaoke.

Like everyone else said... I just got off last week and the crowds were my big fear...I HATE lines.   It never felt crowded, never had to wait in much of a line for anything ( Windjammer was a little rough to find tables and waited a few minutes here and there for late night pizza) But never fought for chairs on the deck, never felt like we were packed in, never had to wait for drinks...it's so big and spread out, you'll be amazed at how un-crowded it feels for being that full 

Unless you are ok sitting in total direct sun, in the smoking section or near the kiddie splash area, then it will be Lord of the Flies when it comes to getting pool chairs on a sea day.  The windjammer will be slammed from 8:30-10:00 every morning.  As others have mentioned, trivia at the smaller venues will fill quickly (people love their trivia, lol).       

On 2/8/2023 at 1:23 PM, VinceC said:

Just out of curiosity, How BAD is cruising on the OASIS when it is at FULL Capacity.

No such thing as a bad cruise on any Oasis class ship.  They are so big and the only time we ever feel crowded is after a show and everyone wants to stand outside the doors of the theater and discuss how great the show was.