Pre-Cruise Show Reservations - Sold Out

Tink

I am cruising on Wonder of the Seas on 3/5/2023. On every other Royal Cruise I went on shows were booked once on board.  So imagine my disappointment that after reading an email within 3.5 hours of receiving it regarding reserving shows, the 3 shows I wanted so desperately to see were sold out!!! One of the reasons I booked this upcoming cruise was for the entertainment particularly the Aqua show.  Am I really not going to be able to experience that and the others?  As a single senior cruiser, the shows onboard are a large part of my enjoyment factor.  I am hoping that it is practice that more spots open up once on board?  If anyone has knowledge on this subject please respond.  I am so bummed.

You can definitely get into shows that are listed as sold out. First off, a lot of people book shows and never show up. Just show up 10 minutes before show time and most likely you'll be able to get a seat. Also they will release more seat reservations from time to time, so keep checking the ap. I was just on WOS and ran into the same problem. It was my first cruise, so I assumed that I was out of luck, but that was not the case. You should be fine.

First, try from time to time to enter maybe something will become available.

Second , I think they leave some seat to book on board , also people tend to cancel+ you can always be in the stand by line.

Also, in the new system if you have dinner booked on the same time as a show they will not show you it as available , sometimes you just need to move something else

3 hours ago, Tink said:

I do not have any dining booked yet since I purchased the Unlimited Dining plan.  I believe I still need to book those once on board.

I just can not believe all the shows were sold out that quickly.

Actually, they only allow a certain number of seats to be booked on the app/CP. So, when you board there will be an option to book. Second another poster recommended joining the standby line 10min before show time. Do not take their advice. The suites/Pinnacle/Key reserved seats are released to the general public 15min before show time, but you want to get in the standby line asap. I have seen people on standby in line at 6:15 for a show that starts at 7pm; if you arrive at 6:50 there may be 100 people in front of you and 85 seats. 

I am book for the same cruise and are not booked for a single show.  Everything sold out so quickly.  This will be the first cruise where we won't be able to see any entertainment.  Seems crazy to me!  Also, we are booked for dinner at 7:45 and the 3 openings I see for voices is for the 8pm showing.  Sadly, we are a party of 4.  I am hoping we can book when we get onboard.

2 hours ago, mCovert said:

I am book for the same cruise and are not booked for a single show.  Everything sold out so quickly.  This will be the first cruise where we won't be able to see any entertainment.  Seems crazy to me!  Also, we are booked for dinner at 7:45 and the 3 openings I see for voices is for the 8pm showing.  Sadly, we are a party of 4.  I am hoping we can book when we get onboard.

There are always openings once you get on the ship.  Also, a lot of people don't show up for reservations, and they will open the theatre up to everyone 10-15 minutes prior to the show.  You'll be fine. 🙂

3 hours ago, mCovert said:

The only shows we weren't able to see in standby last month were the comedy shows. Every other show we were able to get in without a problem. And we did go to the opening night show where both of the comedians performed family friendly routines, so it was fine. 🙂

You should not have any issues seeing the shows.   I was on a cruise this month and went to several shows without reservations.   You usually have to wait until 15 prior to the show to get in.   But I went to late night comedy show 2 times and both were never sold out and they let me in right away.  Most shows have lots of people who do not show up and you can get seats if you are in the stand by line.  But continue to monitor the show reservations and seats do come available prior to the shows.  Enjoy

I just got this email for the first time (my next cruise is 29 days out) - looks like they're trying to address a couple of things that have been discussed on the blog:

1- that people had no idea you could book some entertainment online, and that

2 - additional reservations will be available onboard (see the hot pink box):

image.thumb.png.c5c47475c33aab9a533a1c0bf4f06fff.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 1:01 PM, Tink said:

I am cruising on Wonder of the Seas on 3/5/2023. On every other Royal Cruise I went on shows were booked once on board.  So imagine my disappointment that after reading an email within 3.5 hours of receiving it regarding reserving shows, the 3 shows I wanted so desperately to see were sold out!!! One of the reasons I booked this upcoming cruise was for the entertainment particularly the Aqua show.  Am I really not going to be able to experience that and the others?  As a single senior cruiser, the shows onboard are a large part of my enjoyment factor.  I am hoping that it is practice that more spots open up once on board?  If anyone has knowledge on this subject please respond.  I am so bummed.

I had the same issue and on the same sailing as you. This is my kids first cruise and I was really hoping that they would get to experience the shows. We never get to vacation so this was a big deal to me. 

Recently sailed on Wonder of the Seas and purchased the dining package. I tried to make reservations before the sailing; however, the website would not let me without charging my credit card. I waited until I was onboard and was able to make reservations. You may have to be flexible on your times because some of the specialty dining venues were booked at the times I preferred. My advice would be to make your reservations as soon as you get onboard.

On 2/13/2023 at 4:09 PM, Bowen said:

The only shows we weren't able to see in standby last month were the comedy shows. Every other show we were able to get in without a problem. And we did go to the opening night show where both of the comedians performed family friendly routines, so it was fine. 🙂

That moment when you reply to your own reply. 😂

4 hours ago, Pooch said:

Can I ask when show reservations open in the app? I mean how far out?

I saw a post over on CC saying that they open up on the 1st of month prior to the month of your sailing date. So for April sailings, they should open up next week, on the 1st of March. As I have an April sailing on Anthem I will be watching this and will try and remember to report back (not promising, mind 😛).

• 2 months later...

Wonder of the Seas will be my first Royal cruise(June 2023) and I'm extremely excited. However, I'm also very disappointed that every show is "Sold Out"! This is supposedly the largest ship in the world with amazing entertainment that I may not get to experience. How can that be? I might expect this from another cruise line (you know the one), but not RC, which is much more expensive.  I've seen the blogs saying not to worry, seats will open up.  I sincerely hope that's the case. I'll repost after the cruise. 

You'll be fine @Big Boog.  pre-cruise, people plan like crazy, think they need to plan out every minute and do every thing.  On the cruise, they begin to abandon a lot of those plans in favor of continuing to enjoy what they are doing.  Arrive about 20 minutes before the show and get in the stand by line, they'll release the seats of the no shows about 10 minutes prior.  You'll be fine.

They also often hold back seats for reservations to be made onboard and sometimes no-shows provide the courtesy of cancelling so definitely check the app again when you board and a few times prior to showtime to try and secure a bona fide reservation.

11 hours ago, Big Boog said:

I've seen the blogs saying not to worry, seats will open up.  I sincerely hope that's the case. I'll repost after the cruise. 

Xaa’s post above sums it up. Relax, you have nothing to worry about.

One exception, the adult comedy show is in a smaller venue so that one does help to have reservations for. Even those have a standby line though, just fewer people get in b/c of the venue size. So if that’s important to you & you can’t make reservations onboard, you may want to show up a bit earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

Same boat here 😅 Wonder of the Seas in mid June. My girlfriend has gone on a number of these and prior to 2023 she had to book the shows when she got on the ship. Imagine our suprise when we checked the app today and see everything booked! She's very frustrated as this is my first cruise and she wanted me to experience it all... But from what I'm reading in here we should be OK other than the comedy show. Fingers crossed!

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the email for cruise "planning" for an upcoming cruise on July 16 on Wonder of the Seas.   Tried to book some shows for our family, and we are disappointed that all shows we are interested in are sold out. We especially wanted to see Tap Factory, since we are big tap dancing family.  VERY DISAPPOINTING.  

On 5/31/2023 at 12:07 AM, walleyealx said:

Same boat here 😅 Wonder of the Seas in mid June. My girlfriend has gone on a number of these and prior to 2023 she had to book the shows when she got on the ship. Imagine our suprise when we checked the app today and see everything booked! She's very frustrated as this is my first cruise and she wanted me to experience it all... But from what I'm reading in here we should be OK other than the comedy show. Fingers crossed!

Gotta stay on top of the changes.  Cruise planning is not for the faint of heart.  Since the reopening, there have been A LOT of changes and changes to the changes and then more changes.

On 6/15/2023 at 10:50 AM, CCRUZ4 said:

Just got the email for cruise "planning" for an upcoming cruise on July 16 on Wonder of the Seas.   Tried to book some shows for our family, and we are disappointed that all shows we are interested in are sold out. We especially wanted to see Tap Factory, since we are big tap dancing family.  VERY DISAPPOINTING.  

Just a heads up, currently out on Wonder and we were in the same situation as you. As soon as we got on board at ~ 10:45 we were able to book everything on the app without any issues. Also, ticket checking seems pretty relaxed on board (at least for the big venues).

Hopefully that gives you some hope as opposed to feeling bad for posting your frustrations 😉