Info on the kids club

Aubree

4 hours ago, Osopecoso said:

What is the best way to register the kids for the Kids club.  We plan on doing it immediately when we board.  Does it need to be done daily?

Go on day one to register them. The Cruise Compass will list the time as Adventure Ocean Open House or something similar. I want to say it has been a block of time like 1-3pm. Then the kids can go the first night to start having fun. If you don't make it day one, you can register them any time AO is open. Teen club didn't require registration.

1 hour ago, melmar02 said:

Teen club didn't require registration.

So I'm not sure if it was "registration" but when my teens went to the teen open house (along with a few other parent/teen combos from our roll call that we met up with before the open house), they were checked off on a list of teens on the ship that the staff had there and then did something to their SeaPass card (we're having trouble remembering if it was a punch or a sticker). I don't know if that entitled them to anything or was required - we weren't expecting it because I hadn't read anything about it and the kids weren't teens last time we cruised. 

I do recall my daughter's card having a "T" punched in it now that you say that. I wonder what they do for the ships that use the rfid chips in the cards? Stickers? She didn't mention a list - I'm sure there was one. I didn't have to go in and register her / fill out any forms like I did for my Voyager aged son though.

If it helps anyone, if you have an 11 year old, you can actually register them in Adventure Ocean AND at the Teen area. You'll have to sign a waiver at the teen place to say it's okay for them to be there, but they can! My 11 year old was thrilled that she could hang with her 13 year old sister there, but then she also loved all the activities in Adventure Ocean. She kept telling me "11 is the perfect age to cruise!"

(this was on Navigator)

• 2 weeks later...

Question- this is our first cruise so I’m just trying to figure this out….

my son is 14 so obviously he’ll be in teen club, not adventure ocean. 

my daughter is JUST 18 when we sail. Is she allowed in teen club with him or no since she is “technically” an adult? 

…But all kids no matter the age can do basketball and bumper cars and such during those times. 

• 1 month later...

We are planning to go on the Oasis of The Seas Transatlantic from Miami to Barcelona next April with our 3 kids who will be aged 4, 9 and 11. They live the kids club but this is our first time doing transatlantic and I’ve heard that there are less families and kids on board than usual.

will the kids clubs still be open even if there are only a handful of kids wanting to go? Even if my kids are the only ones there?

thanks all!

Justin.

7 hours ago, JustinZ said:

We are planning to go on the Oasis of The Seas Transatlantic from Miami to Barcelona next April with our 3 kids who will be aged 4, 9 and 11. They live the kids club but this is our first time doing transatlantic and I’ve heard that there are less families and kids on board than usual.

will the kids clubs still be open even if there are only a handful of kids wanting to go? Even if my kids are the only ones there?

thanks all!

Justin.

Yep! We homeschool so we always go in the off season and the clubs are always open. I think you might be pleasantly surprised at how many kids there are on board. COVID saw lots of new families deciding to homeschool permanently. We took a cruise in January that had a lot of kids on board. Normally we might see 20, but I’d bet on our latest cruise there were at least 50. And that was just in the teen club age range. 

I recommend heading to the sports desk when you board if you have a teen club kid who will want to participate in activities through the club, like rock wall, flow rider, zip line, etc. You can sign that waiver on the first day so it’s taken care of for the duration.

On 2/6/2023 at 9:07 PM, Aubree said:

Is there a limit per day, or per the cruise that kids can spend time in the kids club?

This is our first cruise.We are sailing on Navigator of the Seas this April with a 4 and 8 year old.

We're on Wonder now and there is no limit but it has hours.  You have to get your kid for lunch and dinner basically.

5D43A7E3-DE53-4D03-A124-74F30CE8948E.jpeg