Flights to London after Disembarking from Haifa

gr8travels

I am looking to book a cruise and trying to figure out flights back.

I was looking at taking a 10:30 am flight from Ben Gurion (Tel Aviv) to London. The Rhapsody of the Seas is scheduled to get back in at Haifa at 5 am and I assume it will take a couple of hours to disembark.  

My question (which I think I know the answer) will I have enough time to make this flight or is it way too close of a call? 

Please let me know if you have been on a cruise out of Haifa and disembark how long the process was. 

contact Air2Sea or look on their webiste in regards to flights.  I use them as my guide.  If their earliest flight is 11am then no, I would not book a 10:30 flight, if their earliest flight is 10am or 10:30 am, then Yes, I would book a 10:30 flight.  They will not want to have to reschedule all the flights they book, that is why I use them as a guide.
Of course any unforeseen circumstance can occur.

As a local I advise you to take a later flight.

We cruised on Rhapsody in October and we were delayed getting off the ship because they had staffing issues with border control.

I think we disembarked around 9:30. 

Also, due to the temporary terminal in Haifa, the process is longer even without the delay we had.

On 2/7/2023 at 1:48 AM, gr8travels said:

I am looking to book a cruise and trying to figure out flights back.

I was looking at taking a 10:30 am flight from Ben Gurion (Tel Aviv) to London. The Rhapsody of the Seas is scheduled to get back in at Haifa at 5 am and I assume it will take a couple of hours to disembark.  

My question (which I think I know the answer) will I have enough time to make this flight or is it way too close of a call? 

Please let me know if you have been on a cruise out of Haifa and disembark how long the process was. 

Way too close. A. Docking at 5 doesn't mean the ship is cleared by then, even if there are no delays. B. Israeli security is intense, both at the port and at the airport. Sorry, you need a different flight. We are Israeli citizens, no special delays and I only made it to work in Jerusalem on disembarkation day at 11.

• 1 month later...

I should have verified this forum  .  I am sailing the same cruise in May and booked a return flight from TLV to Milan at 1140 AM  . I though in same lines , as the ship docs at 5 , I thought walkers can get out by 7 AM  and by 9 AM  will be in TLV airport .  Its a non refundable flight , so shall I book another one available at 8pm same day ?  Please advise .

On 4/3/2023 at 2:32 AM, RafaellaCG said:

That's a bit tight, but doable if everything goes right.

Thank you. But don't want to take risk , so booked the other flight and hotel also . I will try for the morning flight as my ongoing plans also fixed , and this will change the plans and a loss of $400 , but atleast i have a back up plan now .