Tortola Excursion - Jost Van Dyke or Norman Island?

its_amber

My first cruise ever is this coming July on Mariner of the Seas! 🥳

One of our port days is in Tortola! My husband and I (mid-twenties, no kids) are looking into an independent excursion - a day sail on a catamaran.

One option takes us to Jost Van Dyke and the other to Norman Island and the Indians.

The Norman Island option includes several stops for snorkeling, but there is no guarantee of snorkeling stops on the Jost Van Dyke itinerary. My husband is really hoping to snorkel at some point on our trip and I think this might be our #1 opportunity for that. BUT Jost Van Dyke looks too good to pass up too - that white sand! Any thoughts on either for anyone that has been?

Our other stops are St. Kitts, Puerto Rico, and CocoCay. Not sure how good the snorkeling options will be at those ports, any opinions and advice is welcome! 

Norman Island is home to the caves that inspired "Treasure Island".  Nice snorkeling into the caves. The Indians is another great snorkeling spot for seeing sea life.

Jost is known for the beautiful beach and "Foxies" and "The Soggy dollar" (so named because people swim in from their boats to get to the bar).

Jost Van Dyke is more of a drinking/sunning/beach day. The Normans/Indians would be a better choice for snorkeling.