Earthquake in Turkey.

Bonnie

The earthquake was really quite a long way from any of the ports that I know Royal Caribbean to use in Turkey. While I am sure the ports in western Turkey lightly felt the earthquake, I would be shocked if there was even minor damage there. I doubt it would have an impact on any cruise operations/stops. 

3 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

The only thing I could see happening is cancelling out of respect to Turkiye. The nation is in mourning right now and I don't think they'd appreciate tourists or foreigners coming in and out during this time, my guess is as good as anyone's though, we'll just have to wait and see.

But on the flip side, the economic impact to Turkey, especially to local vendors, is more important than ever right now.

4 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

The only thing I could see happening is cancelling out of respect to Turkiye. The nation is in mourning right now and I don't think they'd appreciate tourists or foreigners coming in and out during this time, my guess is as good as anyone's though, we'll just have to wait and see.

As mentioned, the Turkish economy can use any dollar (er, lira) it could get now. The biggest thing cruise lines could due is continue visiting as long as they're able to, and I don't see any reason they can't. 

14 hours ago, BennyandBo said:

The damage looks widespread and definitely something that will effect every aspect of life in the country for a considerable time. I wouldn't count on it not effecting things for awhile.

The damage is still quite a way from any port, and will likely have little impact on the people in western Turkey and Istanbul. Diyarbakir, for example, is roughly the same distance from Istanbul and Bodrum as Boston is from Detroit, or Seattle from Salt Lake City. Even if Boston was completely destroyed by an earthquake, I don't think many people would say there would be a huge, lasting impact on Detroit. 

7 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

But on the flip side, the economic impact to Turkey, especially to local vendors, is more important than ever right now.

Additionally, Royal has a history of using their vessels to help bring in humanitarian aid after natural disasters in countries that have cruise ports.