Adding a person to your room

Bowen

The price should have locked in for the third person. I recently add a fourth person to a room that held 4 but only had three booked. She was charged the same fare as the third person and no reprice was triggered. I also only paid $100 as a deposit because it was booked through Next Cruise. Take this with a bit of caution. I was within my 60 days to make changes and such without fees and penalties.

First, it depends in the cabin is rated to be able to handle a 4th person. Cruise ship cabins aren't like hotel rooms where you can cram people in at will.

Assuming the room is categorized for up to 4 people, yes, provided the ship isn't maxed out, you could add a 4th, but as you suspected, it will trigger a reprice of the cabin.

Call and ask (or call your TA).  They can check what the potential outcome might be and then you can decide.  We had a JR suite for 3 on our last cruise & our daughter could not get the time off.  I emailed my TA and she was able to remove her without having to move us or reprice the room.  AND her deposit was applied to our balance.  Now that was the best of all outcomes & might not happen all the time but it’s worth asking them to check.