Show reservations protocol (suites)

Sunny_D

We are sailing on Allure tomorrow and over the last few days our suite concierge has booked a couple dining and show reservations for us. I have never been on a ship before that required reservations for shows in the various venues…how does it work? Will there be tickets for these reservations in our stateroom? Will they have specific seats assigned to us or is it general admission? Is it all one big line to get in, or is there a separate line for people who already have reservations (or are in suites?). How early should you be there with a reservation?

Sorry for so many questions…I tried asking the concierge some of this over email but didn’t really get a clear answer. Thanks!

I believe the way it will work is that there are no tickets for the shows but rather you present your SeaPass card at the entrance. This I have experienced before. There may be a section for suites but I'm not sure. Once you're in then it's general admission. No separate line as usually everybody will need to reserve to get into the show. The reservations requirement is due to the popularity of the show and most probably limited showings as well.

Were you not able to book any shows in advance through the website?  I have a suite on Harmony in 91 days and wondered how this was all going to work out.  Last time I was on Allure I was able to easily book shows online.  But that has been a few years and things appear to have changed.

7 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Were you not able to book any shows in advance through the website?  I have a suite on Harmony in 91 days and wondered how this was all going to work out.  Last time I was on Allure I was able to easily book shows online.  But that has been a few years and things appear to have changed.

You can book ahead as you stated, but you can also wait until the concierge send you the welcome email and then book at that time.  the only show I have ever had the Suite Concierge not get me into was a specific time for a comedy show.  

8 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

There is a section for suites, might not be the best section. If shows require reservations you scan your seapass. They most likely will have reservations for Mamma Mia, Aqua aria, ice show and late night comedy.

your reply about "might not be the best section" is subjective as are opinions on food.  Personally I love the balcony.

15 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Interesting...that the suites reserved seating on SY is on the lower level, center back (directly beneath where it usually is on all of the other ships).  It's the first time I've ever seen the suites area somewhere other than the balcony.

Agree it was like that when we cruised her in Nov, first time on the ship so nothing to compare to, but we have done all 5 Oasis class ships in GS in the past year and it was the only one that was there and not in the balcony. 

On one of the Oasis class ships I was surprised at the ice show as the reserved seating was on a side instead of head on to the performances, which also seemed odd.