2018 Cuba sailings

1 hour ago, jeanniebeanie said:

I checked the RCL website just now and it only shows 2017 sailings? I am looking for 2018.

Jeannie,

I just checked the RC website for Cuba sailings in 2018 and it displayed all of 2017 as well as 2018. I suspect you have a wen browser issue. I am using Chrome and sometimes I will use Internet Explorer (IE) if Chrome starts acting up. Also, try clearing your cache, that may help. If nothing else, give them a call.

16 minutes ago, rjac said:

Jeannie,

I just checked the RC website for Cuba sailings in 2018 and it displayed all of 2017 as well as 2018. I suspect you have a wen browser issue. I am using Chrome and sometimes I will use Internet Explorer (IE) if Chrome starts acting up. Also, try clearing your cache, that may help. If nothing else, give them a call.

Really strange I even tried IE and it still only shows through Dec 2017. Then I went to Bestpricecruises.com and they only show 2017. I will call RCL today.

2 hours ago, jeanniebeanie said:

I just called RCL and also Best Price Cruises and they both told me that the dates have NOT been released, so I don't understand how anyone has seen the 2018 dates for Cuba. If you have the information and can send me a link I would love it.

Ok, I think I've solved this problem. If you select Cuba on the RC main web page and select book and  select the month & year. When I selected May 2018, I got the "no cruises available for that date", same thing for a coupe of other months in 2018. 

Just have to sit and wait.

52 minutes ago, rjac said:

Ok, I think I've solved this problem. If you select Cuba on the RC main web page and select book and  select the month & year. When I selected May 2018, I got the "no cruises available for that date", same thing for a coupe of other months in 2018. 

Just have to sit and wait.

I think that's what I did too but don't remember. 

Look on RCCL website for Cuba sailings and click on the FAQ section for Cuba. It answers all the questions. Also, there is a group on FB called Royal Caribbean Cuba Sailings. I would recommend joining that group as it is chocked full of information from passengers who just came back from Cuba. We have booked for May 2018 and very excited to go

14 minutes ago, godukes_2017 said:

Is there any additional State Department paper work you would need to sail to Cuba? Possible VISA etc..... Really want to do this route in 2018.

I'm going in August.  RCCL provides all the paperwork needed beforehand, just fill it out (both copies) and bring it with you.  The required Visa will be waiting for you onboard (billed to your onboard account...$75)

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, murphmatic said:

I wonder what Trump's announcement on Friday (the 16th) will do to Cuba sailings.

Would be a shame if he rolls back the provisions that the Obama administration put in place. 

Well, from what I have read it's all up to Raul Castro. Trump wants religious freedom & political freedom for the people of Cuba as well as the release of all political prisoners. If Raul doesn't agree, then all that Obama put in place goes away and that would be a shame for the people of Cuba. 

1 hour ago, jticarruthers said:

Just booked a company cruise to Cuba for next summer ... waiting to see the announcement on Friday to see if I need to go come up with a plan B already ;)

Since you're in Florida, your plan B could be a company dinner at a local Cuban Restaurant!

I cant see Cuba giving in to what Trump will ask for.....so then the Obama changes are rolled back......so I wouldn't count on visiting Cuba in 2018 at this point in time.

time will tell and I will be following this closely. Even though as a Canadian it doesn't affect me(except that Cuba has become much more expensive since Americans can visit) I am interested to see what happens!

Seems like Trump is going to enforce the "12" reasons or whatever it is to travel to Cuba...I wonder what the cruise companies are going to claim for that

I mean really....3,000 on the ship aren't going for humanity or education reasons really.....we all know that....so will he turn a blind eye to it and allow Cuba to benefit economically from it......stayed tuned I guess.

29 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Seems like Trump is going to enforce the "12" reasons or whatever it is to travel to Cuba...I wonder what the cruise companies are going to claim for that

I mean really....3,000 on the ship aren't going for humanity or education reasons really.....we all know that....so will he turn a blind eye to it and allow Cuba to benefit economically from it......stayed tuned I guess.

It's interesting, when you read the 12 points that qualiy your travel under the general OFAC license, so many of them are incredibly ambiguous.  When I travel to new places I'm generally not going to sit on the beach (obivouly, this depends on the traveler, the destination, etc) - I'm going to meet the locals and learn about the place and their culture.  As such it would seem reasonable that my goals really were around education and support for the Cuban people on my last trip.  

Not arguing for or against, that it isn't a stretch for many.  I guess my real thoguht here is that, all politics aside (and my desires aside), making the 12 categories less ambigous is probably key to enforcement.

This is what the news site I follow is stating...so looks like status quo for the cruise co for now..

Stopping short of a complete turnabout, U.S. President Donald Trump is expected Friday to announce a revised Cuba policy aimed at stopping the flow of U.S. cash to the country's military and security services while maintaining diplomatic relations and allowing U.S. airlines and cruise ships to continue service to the island.

1 hour ago, Orange Crush said:

I'm seeing some conflicting information, some articles are saying that already booked cruises will be unaffected, but not hearing anything about future itineraries.  Does this policy change mean that the cruise lines won't be able to post new itineraries to Cuba?

If your sailing is in the next 80 or so days there shouldn't be any changes, as no policy has actually been drafted yet.  The Treasury Dpt has 90 days from the announcement to present the details.  After that?  It's really a bit of guesswork based on limited information, but it seems safe to say that cruises will continue - the details (how you'll be required to tour, for example) are sketchy.

http://www.cruisehabit.com/us-update-cuba-policy-roll-back-people-people-trips-cuba-organized-tours-become-requesite

19 hours ago, Orange Crush said:

I'm seeing some conflicting information, some articles are saying that already booked cruises will be unaffected, but not hearing anything about future itineraries.  Does this policy change mean that the cruise lines won't be able to post new itineraries to Cuba?

RC has said no impact to any itineraries 

Looks like nothing has changed for now which is good for the cruise industry.....as they can continue to charge overinflated prices for trips to Cuba for Americans!

I would never ever pay what they are asking for Cuba cruises...its crazy and so not worth it imho unless you are simply going so you can tell all your friends you are one of the first to go to Cuba.

I have been to Cuba many many times and only because its so cheap for us to go there as Canadians..I would NEVER pay what Americans have to pay to go there...its sooooo no worth it!

I guess all the sayings like "we want what we cant have" and "the grass always looks greener on the other side" etc is true in this cause and the cruise companies are loving it!!

If anything..Cuba should be the cheapest cruise you could take..its not even on par with what you get in Nassau...and a lot of experienced cruises have a disdain for Nassau.

I don't get it.

No particular interest in cruising Cuba on my part but my boss is excited about the idea and since shes paying, we are off to Cuba (Trump willing).

Trying to decide whether I want to pay $75 on top of the overpriced shore excursion cost to go ashore or just stay on board and chill ... I probably have to pay the $75 either way with my luck ;)

3 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

No particular interest in cruising Cuba on my part but my boss is excited about the idea and since shes paying, we are off to Cuba (Trump willing).

Trying to decide whether I want to pay $75 on top of the overpriced shore excursion cost to go ashore or just stay on board and chill ... I probably have to pay the $75 either way with my luck ;)

By the sound of it, you would be happier staying home and keeping the office open!! It's a great opportunity not to be missed

1 hour ago, jticarruthers said:

I could be wrong, but I thought everyone gets charged the $75 for a visa automatically.

• 1 month later...