Adventures of the Sea

HeatherSC

1 hour ago, HeatherSC said:

First time on RCI Cruise. We booked the 1 bedroom grand suite for a family of 5. RC says there will be a king bed, a queen bed and a double sleeper sofa. Everything I research I can not find this layout for the room. Any advice? Help? TIA

The deck plans on Royal's website (https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/adventure-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2269/10) say:

Grand Suite - 1 bedroom

Enjoy a comfortable suite and the extra perks. (Up to 5 guests)

Beds
  • Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King bed
  • One double sofa bed
Size
  • Stateroom: 381 sq. ft.
  • Balcony: 95 sq. ft.

However, even though it says up to 5 guests, the graphic version has a * in each Grand Suite and the legend says a * means up to 4 guests.  If you play around with this website: https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Adventure-of-the-Seas&deck=10, you can see photos of rooms and a room layout.  Honestly, I don't see any mention of pullman beds so it looks to me like the room sleeps 4.  Perhaps they allow 5 by bringing in a roll away bed for a small child.  If your family of 5 is all adults and/or older kids, I would question the sleeping arrangements again.

I searched "adventure of the seas grand suite 1 bedroom" on YouTube to find videos of the suites. I'm not sure how 5 adults would fit into a sleeper sofa and a king bed.  Not ever having had children, I wouldn't know how many kids can fit onto a sleeper sofa. I assume 3-4 if you stack them like spoons in a drawer.

3 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I searched "adventure of the seas grand suite 1 bedroom" on YouTube to find videos of the suites. I'm not sure how 5 adults would fit into a sleeper sofa and a king bed.  Not ever having had children, I wouldn't know how many kids can fit onto a sleeper sofa. I assume 3-4 if you stack them like spoons in a drawer.

I know you used to be able to get roll away beds for suites once upon a time, perhaps that's how you can get "5"?

We stayed in a 1 br GS on Adventure they do not have a king, a queen and a sleeper sofa, just the king and the sleeper sofa, If the kids are under 12, you can get a rollaway next to the sofa sleeper between the window by moving the end table out, but you will have 5 people in about 350 sq ft and one bathroom, so it will feel like camping a little. On land that is an average size of a standard hotel room. Two connecting regular rooms, if priced about the same might be better as you get two bathrooms/showers. But a GS can be done with 3 kids especially if they are small or don't mind sharing a bed. The 2 br GS has the bedding you describe and would be ideal. cruise mapper lists its cap at 4 but they also list an OS as 8, so that isn't accurate https://www.cruisemapper.com/cabins/Adventure-Of-The-Seas-533

How old are the kids and what were you looking for in a cruise? You can do it, but this will not be the vacation with privacy and alone time for the parents with 5 in a GS. The 2 br family ocean view actually has more square footage and more beds, might even be cheaper.

Here's a video showing a GS on Navigator (same class built a year later, room is essentially the same floorplan), where the door is for the connecting room, ours didn't have that door on Adventure, it had an end table, that's a good spot for the rollaway.

Here's the 2 br GS on adventure

Definitely no king bed and queen bed AND sleeper sofa in any 1 BR GS I have ever been in. I've never heard of an actual king sized bed in any suite except for the Duxiana beds in Star Class.  They are almost always breakaway singles put together....and even then I don't actually believe that they are king sized (even though Royal claims that they are).  Unfortunately, @HeatherSCI think someone gave you some bad information....which should surprised absolutely NOone.