All Access Tour - Allure

If your like me and want to know every detail about the ship you are on it is amazing.  I did the all access tour on the Allure two years ago. The only caution I would give is that you need to be a mobile person as the tour uses the crew stairwells and they are a lot steeper and smaller treads than the public stairwells. Our tour started in the MDR where we entered the galley and got a snack, then onto the food storage areas which is in the "I-95 corridor", then the laundry facility, next was the engine control room,  after that we went to crew bar and library area where we were served drinks, then onto the backstage view of the Amber theater, and the final stop was touring the bridge. As I said earlier mobility is key so this might not be one for small children or older adults.  Also if I remember correctly they did not allow any video recording, but they did  allow still photography. 

1 hour ago, RedRambler said:

If your like me and want to know every detail about the ship you are on it is amazing.  I did the all access tour on the Allure two years ago. The only caution I would give is that you need to be a mobile person as the tour uses the crew stairwells and they are a lot steeper and smaller treads than the public stairwells. Our tour started in the MDR where we entered the galley and got a snack, then onto the food storage areas which is in the "I-95 corridor", then the laundry facility, next was the engine control room,  after that we went to crew bar and library area where we were served drinks, then onto the backstage view of the Amber theater, and the final stop was touring the bridge. As I said earlier mobility is key so this might not be one for small children or older adults.  Also if I remember correctly they did not allow any video recording, but they did  allow still photography. 

Thank you for the nice summary.  I noticed when I booked that the time allotted for the tour is less than 2 hours. I thought it was supposed to be  closer to 3 hours long.  I wonder what they cut out? 

@RedRambler, when you say you need to be mobile, do you also mean quick? I can navigate steep / narrow tread stairs as long as they're OK with me taking my time. But if the tour moves at a rapid pace then I'll be smart and pass.

And put the money towards a seat at the chef's table. :10_wink:

11 hours ago, JLMoran said:

@RedRambler, when you say you need to be mobile, do you also mean quick? I can navigate steep / narrow tread stairs as long as they're OK with me taking my time. But if the tour moves at a rapid pace then I'll be smart and pass.

And put the money towards a seat at the chef's table. :10_wink:

No they don't rush you, actually on the stairs they are constantly telling you to watch your step and use the handrails.  My mobility comment was intended for people that have trouble navigating regular stairs, since the crew stairs are a little more difficult.