Non RCI Excursions

Hey everyone,

I was wondering how far in advance do you reserve non RCI shore excursions? My Adventure of the Seas cruise isn't until April 2018 but I have pretty much decided what tours we want to do. But is booking a year out too far? I don't want to wait too long and then have the tour filled up but I understand I am probably too early at this point! 

I'd also say to judge that based on the size of the excursion group. If it's a real small group, like 10-15 people, I'd book as soon as possible. (provided the cancellation policy is good, as DocLC said)

Larger group sizes mean you can probably wait longer to pull the trigger, but I'd still be careful not to get too close to departure.

Be@JLMoran Good point. I'm headed on a British Isles cruise next month and ran into this problem as I waited too long. Even though I tried to book four months in advance, the tour was already sold out because of the size of the ship and the limited seats available with the tour provider. While I found a comparable tour, it is something to consider. 

2 hours ago, BigHouseFootball said:

Thanks for the feedback. I have started checking the tours cancelation policies I just didn't know if booking 11 months in advance was too much!

Glad to be of help. I booked an all-day third-party snorkeling excursion for St. Maarten back at the beginning of April, when I was just under a year away from my trip!

Will be booking our dolphin swim in St. Kitts in a few days since that's another thing that I recall is a smaller group and very popular. But booking through the cruise planner after reading a few reviews from people who had their externally done booking moved to another time slot that didn't line up with when their ship was in port. Better safe than sorry with that one!

On 5/7/2017 at 9:36 AM, JLMoran said:

I'd also say to judge that based on the size of the excursion group. If it's a real small group, like 10-15 people, I'd book as soon as possible. (provided the cancellation policy is good, as DocLC said)

Larger group sizes mean you can probably wait longer to pull the trigger, but I'd still be careful not to get too close to departure.

Where do you finfd the # of people for each excursion on the RC website? We have 2 booked for our upcoming Allure of the seas Western Carribean sailing.

8 hours ago, 2017 cruiser said:

Where do you finfd the # of people for each excursion on the RC website? We have 2 booked for our upcoming Allure of the seas Western Carribean sailing.

I don't think RCI makes that available for their excursions that you book through the cruise planner. The original question about non-RCI excursions booked directly through third parties, and I was referring to information that third-party companies offering excursions should be making available. This should be stated somewhere on their web site, usually in the description of the specific excursion(s) they offer.

I just made reservations with Cool Runnings Barbados for their lunch time cruise! Get to snorkel with sea turtles, over a ship wreck, and a beach stop. Basically everything the RC tour does but for cheaper and an extra hour. Anyone here ever use them? They get great reviews on Trip Advisor. Best part was they had no deposit! SO that's one excursion I don't have to worry about. Get to turn my attention to the rest of the itinerary.