Ship livery

Jamesszy94

So I know Wonder and Odyssey have the larger livery of their names on the side of the ship, do we know if Icon or future Royal ships for that matter will also have the larger livery or will they go with the smaller one on most of their other ships?

I actually quite like the larger livery! Considering a big name for a big ship!

I don't think anyone here on a fan site knows anything.  

Wonder left the shipyard with small letters.  Royal took delivery with small letters and immediately sailed to another port and changed Wonder to big letters.  

That tells me the contract was signed specifying small letters and they didn't want to pay the change fee with the shipyard to do big letters.  It was important enough to them to pay another shipyard to change Wonder.  

While I have nothing else to backup my gut feeling, what they did with Wonder letters suggests big is in right now. 

16 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

So I know Wonder and Odyssey have the larger livery of their names on the side of the ship, do we know if Icon or future Royal ships for that matter will also have the larger livery or will they go with the smaller one on most of their other ships?

I actually quite like the larger livery! Considering a big name for a big ship!

Weirdly I was thinking exactly same when I did my first Miami cruise this month and saw so many ships - also happened to be in St Maarten when it was the busiest day ever so saw 5 ships as well as Grandeur that day!

I really like the RCI ships that have the blue hull, and even more so when the large letters are printed. Back of Anthem looked gorgeous. I also liked the name on the side of the top deck on Freedom. 

I was looking at the other cruise lines too and thinking what I liked and didn't like in terms of livery/appearance etc.

I think from the back MSC Seaside & Seascape looked lovely. 

Virgin Voyages livery and design looks really cool. 

Really do not like any of the Carnival ones I have seen to date!

The brand new P&O Arvia looked good.

Celebrity Edge did not 'float my boat' despite the external restaurant - I think maybe the dark blue is not as sexy as the RCI light blue?!

NCL - just cannot bring myself to like the kindergarten wallpaper effects!

Not seen any Princess to comment on but from photos they are 'ok'.

Disney looks like Cunard with a ribbon and some ears!

So subjective like most things!

3 hours ago, Bazza said:

Weirdly I was thinking exactly same when I did my first Miami cruise this month and saw so many ships - also happened to be in St Maarten when it was the busiest day ever so saw 5 ships as well as Grandeur that day!

I really like the RCI ships that have the blue hull, and even more so when the large letters are printed. Back of Anthem looked gorgeous. I also liked the name on the side of the top deck on Freedom. 

I was looking at the other cruise lines too and thinking what I liked and didn't like in terms of livery/appearance etc.

Celebrity Edge did not 'float my boat' despite the external restaurant - I think maybe the dark blue is not as sexy as the RCI light blue?!

What even is this livery.... I like Royal's cause it's simple. I think Royal has the best livery of any design. Most of Celebrity's ships are too blue for my liking even though Blue is my favorite colour.

1920px-AIDAnova_(cropped).jpg

4 hours ago, Bazza said:

I definitely agree with NCL which makes me so sad cuz the stuff IN the ship seems fun and cool and like I thing I'd want to do.

I think Princess is nice. The princess lady is subtle on the front so it can be either hair or waves...or wave hair lol

I like the new Carnival vs the old. The old looked dated to me back in the 90s lol