Cruise card

poider

Yep, unfortunately!   it is itemized and even by the person in the room.

depending on the ship you can check your balances on line as well but go

down at least one day before disembarking and have them run a report for you

to make sure you do not see any discrepancies, then the crew puts a final

bill under your door, or hang it outside your door the night before you disembark

To be clear, it is itemized, but not by particular purchase, but instead by each card-swipe transaction.

If, for example, you buy three drinks at one of the bars and leave an extra gratuity, your final bill will show two transactions: one for the cost of the drinks plus standard 15% gratuity, and one for the extra gratuity, both labelled only with the name of the venue.

• 4 weeks later...

To be clear, it is itemized, but not by particular purchase, but instead by each card-swipe transaction.

If, for example, you buy three drinks at one of the bars and leave an extra gratuity, your final bill will show two transactions: one for the cost of the drinks plus standard 15% gratuity, and one for the extra gratuity, both labelled only with the name of the venue.

Yep spot on  :)

• 5 months later...

You are correct, Peter. Every dink purchased would be itemized if you did not have the drink package.

At one time, some cruise line (can't remember which one) still displayed every drink purchase. I could see this as problematic as it'd be easier to assess if one saved money or not on the package. In my case, I did slightly better than breaking even, but that was mostly by picking up bottles of water at nearly every venue as I passed. Next time I'll probably pass and go with tap water and bring my own reusable bottle.