Port Canaveral shopping

gi333

That’s the reason I hesitate at taking a cruise out of port liberty in New Jersey. I don’t understand that port of call. Why do I want to leave a port in New Jersey (2 hr drive from home) just to stop in Florida. Seems like a real waste of time since I’m already in Florida probably twice a year visiting daughter. 

20 minutes ago, Leroyr55 said:

That’s the reason I hesitate at taking a cruise out of port liberty in New Jersey. I don’t understand that port of call. Why do I want to leave a port in New Jersey (2 hr drive from home) just to stop in Florida. Seems like a real waste of time since I’m already in Florida probably twice a year visiting daughter. 

When we sailed from Baltimore we enjoyed just going to the beach, shopping at dinosaur store, lunching in restaurants, visiting Cocoa Beach Village, or taking Banana River wildlife excursion. Depends in part on weather.

13 hours ago, Leroyr55 said:

After all the wet and heavy snow I had to plow this past week and the subzero stretch that’s coming, I’ll take the stops in Florida when we go on Anthem in 7 days.  🙂

35 minutes ago, gi333 said:

Can anyone recommend a car rental company for the day? We are scheduled to be in port Canaveral aug 16 and that's A Wednesday and enterprise is supposed to be closed.  Is Avis good?  

I've used Avis. They have a shuttle from the port to the rental car place, but it can get crowded and backed up with everyone trying to get cars all at once. You need to reserve in advance as they will run out of vehicles.  The Avis location is further out compared to Budget or Enterprise.

I have found when dealing with rental cars and cruising it is worth it for me to get off the ship by myself as early as possible and hop a rideshare (Uber/Lyft) to get down to the rental car pickup. I tend to beat the crowd and it's worth the extra $ for the rideshare. I then drive back and pick up the rest of my party.