xSAILEDx Symphony of the Seas - Oct 29, 2023 - Nov 12, 2023 (14 Night Spanish Transatlantic Cruise)

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Symphony of the Seas - Oct 29, 2023 - Nov 12, 2023 (14 Night Spanish Transatlantic Cruise)

We're doing our first Transatlantic. It's also the first time my wife and son have traveled outside the US, not counting the Caribbean and Mexico on cruises.

Looking forward to it, was just on the phone with my TA working out air travel, hotel, and transportation.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've been on several RC cruises, mostly Med and one Caribbean and always fancied a Transatlantic. having recently separated from my wife, I took the plunge and have booked to travel solo on this crossing.

I'm flying from Manchester, UK to Barcelona the day before the sailing and flying back to Manchester from Miami with British Airways. Really looking forward to this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So they've replaced Malaga with Valencia but there are no excursions offered in the cruise planner, I hope some show up. Anyone have suggestions for a Hotel in Barcelona? I'm looking at Hotel Continental or Petit Palace. We have three adults so some hotels don't offer comfortable rooms for three.

• 2 months later...
On 4/24/2023 at 11:14 AM, KevinJ said:

So they've replaced Malaga with Valencia but there are no excursions offered in the cruise planner, I hope some show up. Anyone have suggestions for a Hotel in Barcelona? I'm looking at Hotel Continental or Petit Palace. We have three adults so some hotels don't offer comfortable rooms for three.

We’ve stayed at Hotel Colon a couple of times. It’s in the gothic district and is really nice with a great location. This year we’ve decided to try something different so we booked 2 nights at La Meridian on Las Ramblas.

• 2 weeks later...

We're starting to finalize plans. Have our excursions booked in each port. Next need to book specialty lunches. I wish I could see the MDR menus for our cruise. There are a couple of nights we don't really care for, Mexican and Caribbean, would like to do our lunches on those days, after a big lunch there isn't much interest in dinner. Keeping an eye out for when entertainment bookings open up. Travel is all set, just need hotel to port transport in Barcelona and port to hotel in Fort Lauderdale. We booked private transport from the airport to our hotel, I felt this would be easier on my family who haven't travelled to Europe before.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I are on the Oct. 29 repositioning  of Symphony. This will be our 6th transatlantic repositioning cruise. We really enjoy them but you have so many consecutive sea days that you really need a great ship like Symphony which has lots of activities and things to see and do on the ship. Symphony should be perfect. What we realized in the past on transatlantic cruises is that you should definitely fly to Europe a couple of days early to be able to see the departure city. Since many of the RC transatlantics leave from Barcelona, we found that airfares within Europe are pretty cheap. If you are like us and have seen Barcelona several times you can pick another city in Europe you have always wanted to see and fly there for a couple of days and then catch a flight to Barcelona the day before the cruise leaves. That way you can see one of your favorite European cities you haven't seen. You have lots to choose from! In our case we will be flying into Lisbon for 3 days before flying to Barcelona.

Richard Klapper

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I are traveling our first Transatlantic and first time in Europe. We're B2B starting on Oct, 22.  The trip starts Oct 12, with a flight to Paris. A few days there and on the 17th a train ride from Paris to Barcelona. We will stay in Plaza Catalunya until the 22nd. We are beyond excited but nervous about foreign travel. Looking forward to meeting all 6000 of you! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, had a blast on the transatlantic last year on Wonder, so have booked onto the Symphony - can't wait.

I'll be looking to join a quiz team with my fellow passengers, especially for the progressive quiz - really enjoyed this last year.  Met some awesome people and made travelling on my own so much more enjoyable.

I'm flying out of Manchester 2 days before - @dboyd72 my tip if flying Vueling to BCN - select your seats as soon as you can (as they like to oversell this flight) and it's the UK school half term so riskier time.

For everyone looking for hotel suggestions - Gothic Quarter (good for transport to port in the morning - 20mins tops, and good for tourist stuff).  If you've picked a decent hotel (3* and above) - choose a twin room and it'll sleep 4 comfortably.

For anyone thinking of transfers in and around Barcelona - I use Booking.com, Taxi section.  There's an app that's good for this.  It feels like booking taxi's like the locals would do.  Prices really good and always reliable.  Can also use it to book a taxi on the fly (although I usually book in advance).

I look forward to meeting you all and lots of new people.  I'll be found in the Schnooner Bar 10am on Day2 😀

Emily

x

Hello, fellow passengers! My three friends and I will be joining y'all on this sailing. We booked it back when the pricing was much better and decided to go all-in for the experience in Star Class accommodations. I used to work in big tech, but not any longer, so this'll probably be my one and only chance to see what that experience is like. Plus, with all those sea days, I figured we might as well really enjoy ourselves onboard. 😄

I've done a few B2Bs totalling up to 15 nights, but this'll be my first >8-night single sailing as well as the first non-Bermuda/Bahamas/Caribbean cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Symphony of the Seas - Oct 29, 2023 - Nov 12, 2023 (14 Night Spanish Transatlantic Cruise)