New Menus (order)

Mimi4

8 hours ago, Mimi4 said:

Does anyone know the order of the new menus, specifically for 10 night sailings? We are trying to decide our specialty restaurant nights. The old menus are still showing on our app.

Here is a link for reviews of each one, in the order they were served. I assume they go the same order in the most part....https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/01/20/i-tried-the-new-royal-caribbean-menus-and-heres-how-id-rank-everything-i-ate

6 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

When do you sail, and can you find a similar sailing on your ship in the app to look at? 

Mine are up for Allure in April:

Day 1 Welcome Aboard
Day 2 French
Day 3 Italian
Day 4 Caribbean
Day 5 Mexican
Day 6 Royal Night ("cold water Maine lobster")
Day 7 Bon Voyage

Where in the app are you looking at? Can't seem to find anything for our Oasis sailing in March. 

10 hours ago, hurls15 said:

Where in the app are you looking at? Can't seem to find anything for our Oasis sailing in March. 

You may have to look at the current sailing or one sooner than yours. It seems to generate a few weeks out, I also had to go to "MDR 5" in the dining area on the app to see the menus, for some reason it doesn't show on MDR 3 or 4. 

3 hours ago, ScottD said:

You may have to look at the current sailing or one sooner than yours. It seems to generate a few weeks out, I also had to go to "MDR 5" in the dining area on the app to see the menus, for some reason it doesn't show on MDR 3 or 4. 

Thank you! That was exactly it. I had not gone all the way to the MDR 5 listing. Much appreciated.  Will help with planning our specialty restaurant days. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is such a helpful blog! I am going on a 4-night cruise departing Ft Lauderdale March 20th, and wanted to know menus and also whether we need to pack for dress-up evening. 

Oddly enough, the menus I was able to find on the app do NOT seem to be organized by theme, and it seems that the Grand Mariner mousse, cheese plate, and fruit platter were all on offer, even though others had mentioned that they are not featured on new menus.

Is it possible that Liberty of the Seas will not be on the new menu system by mid-March?

To add to the survey results, my upcoming 5-night on Navigator in March (Cabo, Ensenada) has the following schedule:

Day 1: Welcome Aboard (yay -- Maryland crab cakes!  personally, I really like them!)

Day 2: French Night (I have no idea if this is a formal night == maybe?)

Day 3 (Cabo): Caribbean (I love the Jerk Pork Chop!)

Day 4: Mexican Night

Day 5 (Ensenada): Italian Night

11 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

To add to the survey results, my upcoming 5-night on Navigator in March (Cabo, Ensenada) has the following schedule:

Day 1: Welcome Aboard (yay -- Maryland crab cakes!  personally, I really like them!)

Day 2: French Night (I have no idea if this is a formal night == maybe?)

Day 3 (Cabo): Caribbean (I love the Jerk Pork Chop!)

Day 4: Mexican Night

Day 5 (Ensenada): Italian Night

Yes, they usually do French night as the formal night. This is based on two cruises since the menus have come into play.

• 1 month later...

Jumping on this thread because I'm also trying to figure out the order. I am sailing on Radiance to Alaska in July.  We have early seating and there are 2 port nights we won't be eating in the MDR & we want to plan 1 group specialty dinner. I think I've gathered that the 1st at sea will be French night & Royal night will be the 2nd sea day. How do I figure out the others?

My app (for all 3 dining rooms) says Sorry unavailable.

As of now, from the various menus I've looked at, for 7 day cruises - 1st night, Welcome aboard, 2nd night French, 2nd to last night is Royal (lobster) night, last night, Bon Voyage. The other 3 nights seem to be Italian, Caribbean (at least on the Caribbean sailings), Mexican or British. There's also Mediterranean, but I think that shows up on 9 night or longer. My sailing next week (Caribbean) has British but not Mexican, which is good in one way, because the Mexican menu didn't appeal, but bad because I had made an educated guess as to which night was Mexican & booked a specialty (Jamie's) that night, & apparently it's Caribbean night, which did have things I liked.  I may switch Jamies to Italian night, since I won't want that 2 days in a row, and tbh, the Italian menu didn't really appeal either. A couple of things looked good, but I'll get my fill at Jamies.

7 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

As of now, from the various menus I've looked at, for 7 day cruises - 1st night, Welcome aboard, 2nd night French, 2nd to last night is Royal (lobster) night, last night, Bon Voyage. The other 3 nights seem to be Italian, Caribbean (at least on the Caribbean sailings), Mexican or British. There's also Mediterranean, but I think that shows up on 9 night or longer. My sailing next week (Caribbean) has British but not Mexican, which is good in one way, because the Mexican menu didn't appeal, but bad because I had made an educated guess as to which night was Mexican & booked a specialty (Jamie's) that night, & apparently it's Caribbean night, which did have things I liked.  I may switch Jamies to Italian night, since I won't want that 2 days in a row, and tbh, the Italian menu didn't really appeal either. A couple of things looked good, but I'll get my fill at Jamies.

Thanks for the reply, our last night is technically at sea so I thought that was Royal Night? I definitely won't go to the MDR for Italian, Mexican or Mediterranean nights which stinks because I love Mediterranean food but this menu is yuck. Maybe on Italian night we'll get apps and dessert only. 

It's just so hard to plan. 

Mediterranean menu...  I worried, but needlessly.  I ordered the Mediterranean steak on two different but very recent cruises.  The  chimichurri sauce, or oil, whatever it's considered, was quite good on the New York steak.  It comes on the side in its own little tiny cup.  And if a person wasn't interested, leave the oil off and it's a steak from Texas. 

27 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

Mediterranean menu...  I worried, but needlessly.  I ordered the Mediterranean steak on two different but very recent cruises.  The  chimichurri sauce, or oil, whatever it's considered, was quite good on the New York steak.  It comes on the side in its own little tiny cup.  And if a person wasn't interested, leave the oil off and it's a steak from Texas. 

Sounds like they should just get rid of the "theme menus" because most of the items don't fit the theme at all. I like my steak medium rare, had a hard time getting it right last cruise but I may just send it back if I have to. We definitely won't starve LOL

13 hours ago, NJCruisers said:

Sounds like they should just get rid of the "theme menus" because most of the items don't fit the theme at all. I like my steak medium rare, had a hard time getting it right last cruise but I may just send it back if I have to. We definitely won't starve LOL

I agree, but I could also add, just like with the  carne asada on Mexican night, leave off the sauce and you just have a steak.  Or so I was told by our waiter when he learned we purposely skipped Mexican night.  The waiter was convincingly concerned when we only returned for night 6 and 7 after night 1.  

I don't know what I could do to make French night okay.😀

But, this new menu is not about me.  I understand, although I prefer comfort foods, others celebrate expanded food opportunities..🎉

10 hours ago, WAYNO said:

I agree, but I could also add, just like with the  carne asada on Mexican night, leave off the sauce and you just have a steak.  Or so I was told by our waiter when he learned we purposely skipped Mexican night.  The waiter was convincingly concerned when we only returned for night 6 and 7 after night 1.  

I don't know what I could do to make French night okay.😀

Beef tenderloin, beef bourguignon, chicken cordon bleu - or the risotto if I don't want meat that night.  That's one night I'm not worried about

I have no problem getting 2 apps or an app & a salad or whatnot, I'll make it work. Just for planning purposes, I don't want to go out for our specialty dining night and miss lobster night or whatever the one I really liked was.  I like steak, but I don't want to eat the same thing over and over again. 

4 hours ago, NJCruisers said:

I have no problem getting 2 apps or an app & a salad or whatnot, I'll make it work. Just for planning purposes, I don't want to go out for our specialty dining night and miss lobster night or whatever the one I really liked was.  I like steak, but I don't want to eat the same thing over and over again. 

Can you find another 10 day cruise? That might help you figure out the order

On 3/7/2023 at 2:05 PM, MaryCS62 said:

Can you find another 10 day cruise? That might help you figure out the order

It's a 7 night cruise, I was told to look on the app for current sailings but I have no clue how to bring up anything else but the cruise I have booked. 

23 hours ago, ZBrady said:

In the app - Profile tab > Select a different cruise > Browse our ships.

Again, no promises the current sailing's menu order will be the same as yours.

Thank you so much, this is super helpful! I had no idea how to find other cruises. Since we are in July, I think once she actually starts sailing Alaska I'll be able to get an idea.

We are only doing 1 specialty dining night so I'm sure it won't be too difficult to get something.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Maryann said:

My husband and I will be taking a 14 day Royal Caribbean cruise in October.  Does anyone know what nights menus will repeat on these long cruises?  I want to book our specialty restaurants and don't want to book them on great food nights in the main dining room.  Thank you for your information!

Welcome to the Boards

The menus probably won't populate until closer for sail date for such a long itinerary. I want to assume this is a transatlantic sailing, so the menu order won't readily be available to see. If this is a back-to-back sailing, then it might be easier to find the menu layout if someone knows the ship and sailing date for comparison. 

7 hours ago, Maryann said:

My husband and I will be taking a 14 day Royal Caribbean cruise in October.  Does anyone know what nights menus will repeat on these long cruises?  I want to book our specialty restaurants and don't want to book them on great food nights in the main dining room.  Thank you for your information!

Once you board the ship you can move the reservations around, subject to availability