Luggage tags/ porters

Rookie error: I did not know how to print out the luggage tags. ( I still don’t to be honest, are they on the app? ) At the port we allowed a porter to take our bags. One small one fell off the cart, got lost and damaged, but did show up in security and our room attendant found it. 
It had a Green Bay packers logo which I showed him and that helped him find it. 

So moral of the story I would do the tags if you know how or make sure you see them put on at the port. 

but overall having a great time

18 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

Glad all is going well now. I invested in these tag covers to ensure that my tags were conspicuous and wouldn't fall off my bags. They've been a lifesaver! 

Well, being one of Amazon's best supporters, and because of the link you provided, I have purchased a set of these.😎

Thanks.

4 hours ago, SteveK said:

Who prints these in color, and who in B&W?

I'm a B&W man myself, and run a fluro yellow highlighting pen across the main details to make it stand out.

Color!  I thought the colors meant something; therefore, I had to print in color. 

18 hours ago, Allen2 said:

Added thought:  Apple "Air Tags" are really great for tracking luggage - in almost every situation.  Four tags for $99 on Amazon (I believe).

Does the Apple "Air Tags" work with Android phones or only Apple phones? 

I don't think the Tile trackers work as well as the AirTags, or at least not the same. There is no constant connection but rather relies on a network of people to connect and if you don't have the people, you can't track it. My kid had it on their Kindle reader for a while and sometimes we couldn't even find it in our house if the bluetooth wasn't close enough to connect to the phone.

But, I'd love to be wrong about this! Correct me if you've used them successfully for luggage please! I'll take another look.

Another vote for the air tags. They can truly be a trip saver.  On a recent trip to Canada where we were flying in to Saskatchewan and then driving 3 hours out, my brother noticed that his bag suddenly took a hop to Denver from our connections in Chicago. He was able to get them rerouted and returned back to Saskatchewan as we landed from our Calgary connection.  This saved him from missing an entire day of our 6 day guided trip. 

On 1/24/2023 at 1:40 PM, barjpoe said:

I just cut each side if the tag; no folding, except to fold them in half to slide into the case/cover.

^^^^^^^^
This

This is the easy route. Things are complicated enough getting to the port and getting on the boat. I think the origami instructions are for those who don't do the tag holders. 

Do the tag holders folks. They are reusable. 

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

Do we have to print the luggage tags at all? My dad's friends have been traveling internationally and will be coming straight to the ship. They also are not good with technology would need 1:1 support to try to help to find and print. Are these required to print prior to arriving for checking in?

Thanks