UDP seems missing from Oasis of the Seas

Quatre

Cruising in May with Oasis of the Seas for 5 nights and couldn't find the option to purchase UDP. Does it mean that it is sold out? Or do I have to check every day for it to appear? I tried calling the hotline but they were unable to answer.

Any suggestions or strategies on how to purchase the UDP? (When does it gets released, when to check, how I know it is gone etc.)

Thanks in advance.

I received a mailer saying the UDP is on 40% off for the cruise that I will be on. And UDP is unavailable for much longer cruises. 

I have tried to contact their customer service, but they have no clue and are not willing to check further. Hence I am quite unhappy about having to check a few times every day until the cruise starts. 

UDP has been around for a number of years now but since the restart specialty dining has become a hot commodity.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if Royal decided to scale back UDP availability so there are more slots available for guests to book on board at higher on board rates.

The UDP was created to help fill the venues but if the venues are filling themselves at higher prices why would they offer the UDP?

I’ve been watching since we booked (October maybe) and it has not appeared.  Like you, I’ve been surprised to see the emails advertise it for our cruise, but not have it as an option.  

Having read on FB the number of people having trouble booking reservations with udp, I’m not sure it’s a loss.  Then again there is so much food drama it’s hard to figure out what is real and what isn’t.  🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by Want2cruisemore
Forgot a word.

Spoke with RCCL website & app support Saturday 1/28/23 and they were not aware of the problem, but were able to confirm what I reported. They also were unable to access or book any Specialty Dining options in the Cruise Planner for the 2023Apr30 Serenade sailing.

More to come...