Diamond BOGO

So I was just told by staff on Grandeur that diamond now has the specialty BOGO option. That means if you are diamond you can buy one specialty restaurant and get another half off. First or second day reservations are required. She said it's not just specific to this ship.

14 minutes ago, Riley said:

This has been valid for a while now, and FYI if you are traveling by yourself they will give you 50% off a specialty dinner (first or second night) if you ask the concierge in the Diamond Lounge.

Along the same lines, my wife and I use the Diamond plus buy one, get one free for both nights.  I'd bet the same could happen for the Diamond BOGO.

I always find these things difficult to value as our cruise planner is always in NZ dollars and the ship is always in USD.

With the exchange rate and pricing being variable on the ship it is hard to calculate the value, so we tend just to book the 3 or 5 night dining package.

1 hour ago, Riley said:

This has been valid for a while now, and FYI if you are traveling by yourself they will give you 50% off a specialty dinner (first or second night) if you ask the concierge in the Diamond Lounge.

i wish they had made it public (ie, included it on the list of diamond offers loaded into our account) by means of the paperwork they leave in our cabin on departure day, but so far i've never seen it on there. i feel like more of us would have taken advantage of it had we known!

2 hours ago, Riley said:

Diamond Plus have had a Specialty BOGO for a while now but it has not been widely known that Diamond members now get this offer.  

When did you first get it as a Diamond member?

4 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I could only guess that maybe the third person would have to buy a la carte or do the Chop's plus one beforehand in cruise planner if Chop's is one of the restaurants.

We did this on Oasis back in late August.  I believe it was BOGO free plus a 50% off person number 3 BUT I have found variations on things like this from ship to ship.  Since it’s not something you can book in cruise planner it would be best to find someone of intelligence onboard to inquire.  In our case we went directly to Chops, where we wanted our meal, and made our inquiry. 

Used it once and was disappointed.

You cant book ahead so the BOGO applies to the "prevailing price on the ship", think when all was said and done we saved about $10 by not taking advantage of the pre-sail "discount pricing" and although there was good availability on board the timing wasn't as good as what it would have been if we had booked online ahead of time.

Went back to booking ahead and not using the coupon since the savings was so minimal.

2 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

Used it once and was disappointed.

You cant book ahead so the BOGO applies to the "prevailing price on the ship", think when all was said and done we saved about $10 by not taking advantage of the pre-sail "discount pricing" and although there was good availability on board the timing wasn't as good as what it would have been if we had booked online ahead of time.

Went back to booking ahead and not using the coupon since the savings was so minimal.

That sounds about right

Well I can understand for most this is not significant savings but if I am doing a 4N and only want to do two dinners, not Chops, it works out well. First night dining seems to be the worse. I will be D+ my next sailing but it would have been nice to know since I booked a la carte dining for my current cruise as only diamond.

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

The DL concierge confirmed that diamond members can get bogo.

@Ampurp85Great news!  Which ship?  I'll be solo on Navigator in March with the same status and quandary you described ("if I am doing a 4N and only want to do two dinners, not Chops, it works out well. First night dining seems to be the worse. I will be D+ my next sailing but it would have been nice to know since I booked a la carte dining for my current cruise as only diamond.").  If this is true for all ships, then I'll cancel my Izumi reservation @$28.99 for the first night and just set one up once I'm aboard (it's just a 4-night sailing -- but propelling me to D+ in time for our Panama Canal cruise in November 🙂

So am i understanding that diamond is BOGO 50% off but d+ is bogo free? Or are they both bogo free? Family of 6, all diamond with an upcoming 10 night cruise so this could be a game changer. Kids have never eaten in a specialty restaurant before because I’m a cheapo. 

It is buy one get one free but couples might say it is half off. Basically it works out to be that way if you think in math turns. You are paying half price of two meals.

As stated the C&A offers are all booked onboard. You get 40% off drink package but only onboard, the same as the glasses of beer, milkshake, and wine coupons.

On 1/24/2023 at 11:10 PM, AshleyDillo said:

Some ships won't let you do Izumi with the BOGO. Just a heads up. 

I was about to post about this myself.  On the Indy, they did not let us use the BOGO at Izumi.

On the Vision,  Izumi was my "Buy One" and Chops Grille was my "Get One (100% Free)."  I'm D+

4 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Could it have anything to do with Ovation being in Australia?

I really don't think the policy has changed. 

I believe the OP was correct in what they heard, but there have been plenty of misinformed crew members when it comes to these kinds of things.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I really don't think the policy has changed. 

I believe the OP was correct in what they heard, but there have been plenty of misinformed crew members when it comes to these kinds of things.

I think it is a bend for smaller ships. Meaning they will bend the rules to sell some specialty dining. I don't think this is policy change either. 

• 1 month later...