Owners Suite or Crown Loft Suite on Harmony?

We are looking at August 19 Harmony OTS sailing and either Owners or Crown Loft. They're $100 difference and can't decide between the two. We have 3 adults, but we like the huge balcony of the owner's but the privacy of the crown loft. Any advice on which we should chose?

I was in 11240 I believe on Harmony. As mentioned above we prefer the CLS with a teen daughter 2 bathrooms with showers are priceless, but I forgot to mention the ding dong ditches with the OS. Your door bell is so prominent it's weird but random people push that button day and night and I mean late night. 

Only occurred once on 17 there was a grandparent funded teenage adventure who took our door magnets and rang everyone's doorbells as well, the room Attendants must have spoken to the grandparents because it stopped after many of the cabins alerted them. We have been on deck 17 4 times and only once did that happen. It's tucked away yet close enough to everything. 

Concur that for 3 people, the CLS is a winner over an OS as long as whoever is going to sleep upstairs can handle the stairs.  One major drawback of the OS on the Oasis class ships (sans Symphony) is that you must choose between having a structural pole at your front door or having your room connect to an adjacent room.  All of the O class OS have one or the other of these undesirable configurations.  Thank goodness they removed all of the connecting rooms on SY but the first 3 all have some of them….and the ones without connecting rooms, have “the pole”.

2 hours ago, Neesa said:

I was in 11240 I believe on Harmony. As mentioned above we prefer the CLS with a teen daughter 2 bathrooms with showers are priceless, but I forgot to mention the ding dong ditches with the OS. Your door bell is so prominent it's weird but random people push that button day and night and I mean late night. 

Only occurred once on 17 there was a grandparent funded teenage adventure who took our door magnets and rang everyone's doorbells as well, the room Attendants must have spoken to the grandparents because it stopped after many of the cabins alerted them. We have been on deck 17 4 times and only once did that happen. It's tucked away yet close enough to everything. 

Can you have guest services disable the doorbell at night?

Count me in for #teamDeck17 over the OS. Cannot beat the WOW factor, 2 bathrooms, and being so close to CK and the Suite Lounge.

Also, I am pretty sure you can disable the door bell yourself. We did it on Freedom with the Royal Suite. There is a button that you can push. I remember years ago when we had the GS on Harmony, our room attendant showed us this as well.

A side facing (this is key) CLS over Owners any day for us. Love the proximity to the suite lounge and CK. If only rear facing CLS suites are available, then definitely OS. There overlook the sports deck and the balconies tend to fail on the privacy side! We love the side facing ones though.

Ok I have only had the privilege of staying in an OS.  There were 4 of us, all supposedly adults but 2 were my offspring so ….. 🤷‍♀️, and it was heaven!!  We had no issues with the doorbell, only rang with room service and I barely noticed the pole.  I do, however, have Deck 17 envy.

10 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Concur that for 3 people, the CLS is a winner over an OS as long as whoever is going to sleep upstairs can handle the stairs.  One major drawback of the OS on the Oasis class ships (sans Symphony) is that you must choose between having a structural pole at your front door or having your room connect to an adjacent room.  All of the O class OS have one or the other of these undesirable configurations.  Thank goodness they removed all of the connecting rooms on SY but the first 3 all have some of them….and the ones without connecting rooms, have “the pole”.

Yeah I don't think we would mind the pole or connecting. Only thing in my head pulling away from CLS is the balcony. It looks tiny width wise. Do you think we could get an extra recliner and an extra chair for the dining room inside?

12 minutes ago, Avatar133 said:

Yeah I don't think we would mind the pole or connecting. Only thing in my head pulling away from CLS is the balcony. It looks tiny width wise. Do you think we could get an extra recliner and an extra chair for the dining room inside?

The CLS should have 4 chairs for the dining table. It is on wheels and slides away from the wall and there are usually chairs on both sides of the table.

18 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The CLS should have 4 chairs for the dining table. It is on wheels and slides away from the wall and there are usually chairs on both sides of the table.

Ah okay thanks. The photos made it look like there were only two. Do you think that we could fit a lounger on the balcony? There's 3 of us.

Wow update! I browsed around at other sailings and found a Spacious AquaTheater Suite - 1 Bedroom on Harmony for the price on the sailing that I was looking at the OS/CLS. Now I have NO idea what we're going to go with! Can you hear the aqua shows from inside the room? I ask again, which would ya'll go with?  #FirstWorldProblems

i’m still team crown loft suite (L1, side facing) - the double full bathrooms and access to deck 17 is key for us. when we traveled as a family of three, the loft was great to delineate space between us also. 

we have never stayed in an aqua theater suite; have heard they are stunning, but so be advised that it is a lonnnnnnnnng walk to the back of an oasis class ship. 

i don’t mind the hike, we like to get our steps in every day so the length of the ship on this ship class is always a plus for us - but i know it has been a deterrent. 

there is something about the windows and endless view of a crown loft suite that is just fantastic 🤩

but at the end of the day, all the cabins you’ve thrown into the running are beautiful and harmony is a relatively newer ship still; you’re going to have a wonderful time!! 💚

The ATS have a great balcony space especially on the lower decks but the cabin itself does not have the wow factor that loft suites do.   Something about the two story wall of windows in the side facing lofts.

I prefer the shower without tub in the loft suites on Oasis and Allure.  The tub bathroom on Harmony and Symphony lofts are like the ATS bathrooms, just okay but a bit disappointing for the price of the suite. 

The balconies on the loft suites aren't great but that's a small price to pay for the wow of the loft suites from in the suite.

Let me start this by saying that I think everyone who is interested in booking suites on the O class should try an ATS at least once.  They are totally unique and are worth the very long walk so that you can at least say “we tried it”.

Next I will say that the 1 BR ATS - aside from the beautiful balcony on deck 11 - are nothing special.  In fact, given a choice between any full suite and a 1 BR ATS, I would choose anything else. The 1BR ATS on decks 12 and 14 have tiny balconies compared to their sisters below.  I would never ever go above deck 11.  Having said that, I know that some of the more recent O class ships have made an effort to increase the size of the higher 1 BR ATS balconies, but for sure on OA and AL, steer clear of decks 12 and 14. I have not been in a 1 BR ATS since Harmony just to be fair.

The CLS balcony is not small, despite what photos may make it seem.  It is very deep and having the double height really opens up the view.  We were out there every night looking at the stars. I cannot stress enough the convenience of being right there on deck 17 by the CK.  And then just a quick toddle across to the suite sundeck.  We loved the two full bathrooms and there were only two of us! When we travel with adult daughter, the extra bath is a must.  

On 1/24/2023 at 3:38 PM, fa-li said:

The CLS balcony is not small, despite what photos may make it seem.  It is very deep and having the double height really opens up the view.  We were out there every night looking at the stars. I cannot stress enough the convenience of being right there on deck 17 by the CK.  And then just a quick toddle across to the suite sundeck.  We loved the two full bathrooms and there were only two of us! When we travel with adult daughter, the extra bath is a must.  

We’re booked on Symphony for May 2024 and initially chose a GS, same cabin as our sailing in 2022. However, I noticed, when checking for any price reduction, that the CLS was just a little more and decided to go for it(unbeknownst to DH..as a surprise). I’m glad you mentioned that you enjoyed the suite even though there were only 2 of you. I was feeling that maybe it would be a lot of wasted space for 2, but after your comments, I feel better and am looking forward to surprising my husband for our anniversary!!

39 minutes ago, SpicyCherry said:

We’re booked on Symphony for May 2024 and initially chose a GS, same cabin as our sailing in 2022. However, I noticed, when checking for any price reduction, that the CLS was just a little more and decided to go for it(unbeknownst to DH..as a surprise). I’m glad you mentioned that you enjoyed the suite even though there were only 2 of you. I was feeling that maybe it would be a lot of wasted space for 2, but after your comments, I feel better and am looking forward to surprising my husband for our anniversary!!

We had the CL for 2 of us on SY a few years ago. I loved it for just Hubby and I! So much so that I booked the CL for Wonder for our anniversary this coming July. Besides, how can it be wasted space when you can each have your own bathroom? Lol

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We had the CL for 2 of us on SY a few years ago. I loved it for just Hubby and I! So much so that I booked the CL for Wonder for our anniversary this coming July. Besides, how can it be wasted space when you can each have your own bathroom? Lol

That is so true!! Can’t go wrong with 2 ‘thrones’!!

On 1/26/2023 at 9:12 PM, SpicyCherry said:

This is how we ended up in a CLS!  I had gotten a royal up offer and was checking prices to see how much to bid.  It was much less expensive just to make the switch myself.  I wonder how often this is the case.

And we loved the space - I'm sure you will too!