Royal King vs Queen Bed Size

billybob

We were looking at the cabins on the VacationsToGo website for the Oasis of the Sea balcony rooms and the site states that the twin beds are pushed together to make a "Royal King" bed (76" wide).

But my wife found information on the Royal Caribbean Cruise website that the bed sizes are only queens (60" wide) when you push the twins together. 

I can't find any sites about bed sizes that state that a twin bed can be 30" wide. Beds this small are referred to as youth beds.

Any input would be welcomed.

Bill.

I don't know the exact answer but the twins to queen/king system is what most ships use. So they are easily switchable for individuals to couples to use. I've never found them to feel child like in size, but maybe not as big as most kings. However, this is the size on offer on most ships and cabins. Doable for even a larger couple. I speak from experience. LOL. (We ain't small change)

I'll add at the risk of offending people. LOL. Many cruise passengers (all that food on offer each day) are full size adult's. The system and size of the beds together for couples always seems to work out. We are both 5'11 and 220 and 290 lbs respectively and never had a problem. I really wouldn't worry. Take a look at some travel videos on YouTube. Lots of plus size YouTube couples make these bed configurations work with no problem. It's the standard system. I know first time it can all seen new and odd.

I thought the width stayed the same as a king but the length of the bed ended up being shorter, so the dimensions are technically a queen but turned the other way, so you don't feel it as much unless you're really tall? DH and I use King at home and the Royal "king/queen" feels very similar when we sleep.

23 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

I thought the width stayed the same as a king but the length of the bed ended up being shorter, so the dimensions are technically a queen but turned the other way, so you don't feel it as much unless you're really tall? DH and I use King at home and the Royal "king/queen" feels very similar when we sleep.

We have a custom king at home. That's 2 Twin XL's which are 5 to 8 inches longer then a standard twin. Twin basically comes in 2 different sizes. Length being the difference.