Izumi a la carte pricing?

IRMO12HD

I was listening to one of @Matt's podcasts, and one of the listener questions dealt with dining a la carte in Izumi.  I'll be on Navigator in March, and I initially ordered the "prix fixe" meal at $28.99.  I've been having second thoughts, mainly due to the fact that that meal will be a *lot* of food -- and I'm interested in just waiting and going a la carte.  I'm traveling solo, so don't think getting in without a reservation will be a huge problem.  I'm just curious what the a la carte prices are.  Does anyone have a menu with prices from Navigator's Izumi, by chance?

Its no longer a lot of food, in my brother's opinion. With the $28.99 you can do a la carte or prefix. The current prefix will get you an app, a roll and dessert. It will only be a lot of food if you order the bowls or udon. They cut the sushi in half now so effectively you get a roll of 8 pieces that count as your 2 large selections.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Its no longer a lot of food, in my brother's opinion. With the $28.99 you can do a la carte or prefix. The current prefix will get you an app, a roll and dessert. It will only be a lot of food if you order the bowls or udon. They cut the sushi in half now so effectively you get a roll of 8 pieces that count as your 2 large selections.

Really ?  No longer 2 rolls ?  I hadn’t heard that.

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Yes you could order two separate "large" plate rolls but it will only be 4 rolls each, effectively making it one roll.

Interesting.  We just had lunch at Izumi.  Dan ordered 2 of the Chef’s Choice nigiri plates and it came 2X8 pieces while my order of one of the crispy shrimp rolls came out 1X4.  Makes no sense !  Honestly, it was more than enough food for each of us (actually a bit too much for Dan as he cut the rice on his pieces by half on his second plate 😂) but the inconsistency is perplexing.  Also confusing is the difference between the prix fixe and UDP.  It confuses not only the pax but also the wait staff.  My server kept referencing prix fixe and we kept telling her we have unlimited…so who knows what she told the sushi chef or what the chefs’ instructions have been for preparing the food !  It will be interesting to see what we get when we go back for dinner, later this week.

29 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Also confusing is the difference between the prix fixe and UDP.

UDP gives a $35 credit for Izumi Sushi. That credit can be used for the Prix Fixe menu option (1 small plate, 2 large plate, and dessert) or used for a la carte pricing off the menu.

My curiosity would be if a UDP guest opts for $35 with a la carte pricing. Would they still get full rolls or the new half roll policy. Same lines of thought, someone that either purchased Prix Fixe via Cruise Planner or without prepayment.

10 hours ago, Pooch said:

Have you looked at the menus in the app?  I wanna say ala carte prices are there.

Thanks, @Pooch, for the tip.  Found them!  With what others have said, the $28.99 doesn't look so bad after all, since apparently I could get a bowl and (maybe 1/2) of a roll for about the same price as paying for a la carte.  I used OBC for $25 of it, so I'm really just out about $7 (including tip).